Solaris7 on 750CDM - Done using Xfree

Post by Greg Kellog » Sun, 20 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hey everybody, I was able to configure XFree on my 750 using CDE, works
awsome!!!!

Just 2 questions...

1. are there higher res icons in solaris? or is Xfree just screwing them up?
(I had to drop to 8bpm res)

2. if i run admintool I get a bunch of "VirtualBinding" errors, like:

Warning: Cannot convert string "<Key>Esc,Key_Cancel" to type virtual binding

what does this mean and how do I fix it?

i would be more than happy to share this information on how to configure
XFree with Solaris with whoever is interested, just mail me (strip the "no"
and the "spam" from my address)

gk

1. Solaris7 and dos common file area..how

Hello,
I have recently got solaris 7 and installed it on my intel box and
want to have a common disc area for solaris and windows.

Info:

primary ide is 4.3 gig partitioned for c: and d:
secondary ide is 1.2gig with solaris installed.

How do i enable the solaris to r/w to c: and d: please
and how do i identify these to solaris.

thank you
peter

2. Compiling error with kernel 2.2.0 final

3. tecra 750cdm or cdt

4. Problem with ftape - would appreciate some help

5. using xauth when using XFree Xserver and SLIP link?

6. problem in logging into domain

7. xview program cores using Solaris7/WorkShop C++ 5

8. Slackware f77: how to invoke cpp?

9. Compiling X applies using GCC under solaris7

10. Help needed on using mail on Solaris7

12. Linux/XFree speed vs OS/2 vs DOS/Windows

13. XFree/GPM conflict? Used to work!