mutex not held

Post by Kenneth Seli » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:02:11

Hi!

I have problems with my program, running on SPARC Solaris 2.6. I'm using
a third party library, and for some reason, the program gives the
following output when I run it and the program enters the library code:

libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held

What can I do about it?

I'm linking with -lpthread and supply the flag -mt when compiling with
my Sun compiler, anything else I can try?

Any help is VERY appreciated.

Regards,
/Kenneth

mutex not held

Post by Kenneth Seli » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 23:47:41

Hi!

I have problems with my program, running on SPARC Solaris 2.6. I'm using
a third party library, and for some reason, the program gives the
following output when I run it and the program enters the library code:

libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held

What can I do about it?

I'm linking with -lpthread and supply the flag -mt when compiling with
my Sun compiler, anything else I can try?

Any help is VERY appreciated.

Regards,
/Kenneth

mutex not held

Post by Joe Durusa » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 04:49:33

        Sounds like a programming error.  You must hold a mutex before you
can give (unlock) it. You could run truss on the prog, and perhaps find
out what's happening.

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

> Hi!

> I have problems with my program, running on SPARC Solaris 2.6. I'm using
> a third party library, and for some reason, the program gives the
> following output when I run it and the program enters the library code:

> libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held

> What can I do about it?

> I'm linking with -lpthread and supply the flag -mt when compiling with
> my Sun compiler, anything else I can try?

> Any help is VERY appreciated.

> Regards,
> /Kenneth

mutex not held

Post by Sérgio Ribeir » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 20:49:49

Hi,

Check the documentation of this library to see if you have to do anything
before you can use it... there may be an Initialize function.

---
Sergio Ribeiro
Portugal

Quote:> Hi!

> I have problems with my program, running on SPARC Solaris 2.6. I'm using
> a third party library, and for some reason, the program gives the
> following output when I run it and the program enters the library code:

> libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held

> What can I do about it?

> I'm linking with -lpthread and supply the flag -mt when compiling with
> my Sun compiler, anything else I can try?

> Any help is VERY appreciated.

> Regards,
> /Kenneth

1. mutex not held

Hi!

I have problems with my program, running on SPARC Solaris 2.6. I'm using
a third party library, and for some reason, the program gives the
following output when I run it and the program enters the library code:

libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held

What can I do about it?

I'm linking with -lpthread and supply the flag -mt when compiling with
my Sun compiler, anything else I can try?

Any help is VERY appreciated.

Regards,
/Kenneth

2. Using DiskSuite ufs logging on Volume Manager logical volumes?

3. Is there a way to determine which thread holds a pthread mutex?

4. Xwindows installation problem

5. what will happen if thread A holds a mutex, but thread B releases it?

6. How to get device info from kernel

7. holding mutex locks accross put().

8. e-commerce servers examples

9. LAN Manager print jobs are held in the spooler with "held by admin"

10. Testing whether a mutex can be locked or not...

11. Solaris 2.5, x86, cancelation of cond_wait will not unlock mutex

12. fvwm: Screen not scrolling when mouse button held down, help

13. libc internal error: _rmutex_unlock: rmutex not held. ??