jumpstart can boot install can't automatic

jumpstart can boot install can't automatic

Post by Tony X » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 04:57:03

Trying to use jumpstart to install on one old Ultra 5.
UltraSPARCIIi 333MHz. 20G harddrive. 256M ram.

I can use "boot net" then use interactive install, but
when I try to use "boot net - install" with the sysidcfg
and rules.ok files, it always give an error
"whoami:hostname not found"

then it reboots.

any hints for this?

1. It's not bad canned meat...

Thanks for your time.  We at I.S.P.O.T. (The International Society
for the Preservation Of Trees (URL http://www.local-touch.com/ISPOT/)) feel
that electronic messages are great for getting the word out while preserving
our friend the tree.  Anyway, please stop by our home page!

Thanks again!

SusieQ

2. help with Xfree86?

3. problems using eval

4. Canned Proxy URLs to Filter

5. How to print a message to stderr in ksh

6. CGI: apache canned response

7. Again - can't release disk space

8. For those of you tired of canned distributions...

9. Canned "ping"

10. Any Canned Class code?

11. PPPD or Tin Cans: Which is Better?

12. Jumpstart boot server - Clients don't boot.