Help with GCC 2.95 in Solaris 8

Post by danyx » Sat, 07 Jun 2003 01:03:57

I have to compile a program in a Sun WS with Solaris 8 but I haven't
installed any compiler. I have installed GCC 2.95 from www.sunfreeeware.com
but this package hasn't include files, like stdio.h, ..., and searching in
the machine I dont have these files in any directory, I know in Linux they
usually stay in /usr/include.
From which package can I install these basic files to compile any program?
It's very urgent for me. Thanks.

http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.html#q6.2

http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/Q6.2.html

Post by Joe Durusa » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:59:38

> I have to compile a program in a Sun WS with Solaris 8 but I haven't
> installed any compiler. I have installed GCC 2.95 from www.sunfreeeware.com
> but this package hasn't include files, like stdio.h, ..., and searching in
> the machine I dont have these files in any directory, I know in Linux they
> usually stay in /usr/include.
> From which package can I install these basic files to compile any program?
> It's very urgent for me. Thanks.

        The best solution is to do a full or developer install
from scratch.  Failing that, see the FAQ for a list of packages you
need.
I don't remember the URL offhand, but there is a pointer to it at
www.stokely.com

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

Post by Darren Dunha » Thu, 12 Jun 2003 01:45:10

>> I have to compile a program in a Sun WS with Solaris 8 but I haven't
>> installed any compiler. I have installed GCC 2.95 from www.sunfreeeware.com
>> but this package hasn't include files, like stdio.h, ..., and searching in
>> the machine I dont have these files in any directory, I know in Linux they
>> usually stay in /usr/include.
>> From which package can I install these basic files to compile any program?
>> It's very urgent for me. Thanks.
>    The best solution is to do a full or developer install
> from scratch.  Failing that, see the FAQ for a list of packages you
> need.
> I don't remember the URL offhand, but there is a pointer to it at
> www.stokely.com

'Tis here...
http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/

and more specifically for the original question...

http://www.science.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2/Q6.2.html
6.2) Which packages do I need to install to support a C compiler?

1. GCC 2.95 package for Solaris 7 sparc32...

Hi !

----

A pre-build version (package format) of gcc 2.95 (sparc32 binaries, man pages
and
source) can be downloaded  from
http://puck.informatik.med.uni-giessen.de/download/GNUgcc-2.95.pkg.tgz

Note: It seems that this version of gcc can NOT compile sparc 64-bit
applications
(e.g. sparcv9) code :-(

----

Bye,
Roland

--
  __ .  . __
 (o.\ \/ /.o) Roland Mainz                               C/JAVA programmer

 (;O/ \/ \O;) TEL +49 (0) 641/99-13193  FAX +49 (0) 641/99-41359

2. Diamond Stealth II s220

3. Trying to compile gtkwave on Solaris 7 box, with GCC 2.95, having no luck.

4. video for linux

5. Compiling with gcc 2.95 on Solaris 8 --> core dump

6. Matrox millenium G200

7. gcc 2.95 on Solaris 7 shared library

8. Comments on JBOND 486 66 Main board w/onboard (VLB) NCR 53c810 SCSI HD ?

9. Gcc 2.95/Solaris 2.6 linker woes

10. Building gcc 2.95 on Solaris 2.6

11. gcc 2.95 on solaris: only ansi c++ ?

12. configure error using gcc 2.95 under Solaris 7

13. Kernel compile problem with (P)GCC 2.95