looking for SOLARIS 2.4 File System Interface

looking for SOLARIS 2.4 File System Interface

Post by roo » Thu, 11 May 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I am looking for the "File System Interface" that one can use to integrate a
custom file system into SOLARIS. Note, I am NOT looking for "how to write a
file system" or "how to access a file system". I am simply looking for the
details on the interface SOLARIS (2.4) uses/specifies for a file system writer
to use to configure/add a file system in the system. I understand SOLARIS uses
the standard VFS interface, but I have also heard that they made additions/mods
to this interface since it was last published. The source code for the interf-
acing portion of any file system that runs under SOLARIS 2.4 (i.e. tmpfs) will
greatly help. Thanx in advance.

Sincerely,

Sohail

NOTE: Please send your responses directly to the following:

1. solaris 2.4 file system stability

hello,
even if I only have a vague description of a feeling, I'd like to hear
other opinions to my observation: Since I upgrades our main server
(a Sparcenter 2000) to Solaris 2.4, I have the fsck the filesystem
by hand after every crash. Even after a controlled reboot with
lots of sync and /etc/reboot, the machine found not clean filesystems
and I had to run fsck by hand. I never observed such a behaviour of the
same hardware which run over a year under 2.3 quite sattisfying.

Does anybody observe simmilary behaviour ? Or is there even a technical
explanation for that ? Or is it maybe the journaled filesystem, which I
thought to hear once in a marketing quote and which just needs the right
patch to operate ?

thanks

martin

--
Martin Peter, ETH Zuerich         http://www.ee.ethz.ch/~mpeter

ISG Gloriastrasse 35                      tel:    41 1 632 5286
8092 Zurich/ Switzerland                  fax:    41 1 632 1194

2. cqcam on OpenBSD 3.3 i386

3. Maximum File System Size with Solaris 2.4

4. Newbie Question - network card installation

5. Features of Solaris 2.4 journaled file system ?

6. logging ipchains kernel messages

7. Free Space on file system (Solaris 2.4)

8. KNode - How do I avoid spam???

9. SunOS file system under Solaris 2.4

10. Free Space on file system (Solaris 2.4)

11. Solaris 2.4, automountd not properly mounting file systems w/ NIS+

12. Solaris 2.4 + RAID7 = file system problems?

13. file system size limit on solaris 2.4/sparc