SSH doesn't run for user other than root

SSH doesn't run for user other than root

Post by forbesf » Fri, 31 Jan 2003 07:12:05

First off thank you for all the help and support which has made my new
admin job effective. Kudos and a big hand to all of you!

I have three solaris 8 clients running ssh. A trust has been setup
with all three as root. I have added another user called wbadmin. For
some reason when I go to generate the keys to add to the
authorized_keys file on the destination client or try to ssh, it gives
me the error: PRNG not seeded.

Here is the ssh -v:
OpenSSH_3.5p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090607f
debug1: Reading configuration data /usr/local/etc/ssh_config
PRNG is not seeded

Is this a problem with permissions? Or am I missing something...

The Unlikely

Post by forbesf » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 02:00:19

> First off thank you for all the help and support which has made my new
> admin job effective. Kudos and a big hand to all of you!

> I have three solaris 8 clients running ssh. A trust has been setup
> with all three as root. I have added another user called wbadmin. For
> some reason when I go to generate the keys to add to the
> authorized_keys file on the destination client or try to ssh, it gives
> me the error: PRNG not seeded.

Just to let you know... yes I have the patch, yes the random devices
have been created. Again SSH is working completely for the root user!
Quote:> Here is the ssh -v:
> OpenSSH_3.5p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090607f
> debug1: Reading configuration data /usr/local/etc/ssh_config
> PRNG is not seeded

> Is this a problem with permissions? Or am I missing something...

> The Unlikely

1. crond doesn't run for users but runs for root?

Hi, I'm using and old version of Linux, somewhat of a UNIX idiot.. Crond
works fine when I edit the crontab as the root user.  Under a different
user, I edit the crontab, my /tmp/crond_running_for_fred test doesn't work.
What do I have to do to activate crond for other users?

Thanks, Ian

                  http://www.peacesummit.com/ian/home.html

2. TCP port 135 question?

3. run a non-root user's program from a non-root user

4. inodes

5. Can run X as root but doesn't work as user??

6. Macintosh locks up dialing into Linux

7. I'm new to SunOS Ver4.1.4.

8. Application installed with root user doesn't work to another users

9. 'su --login user -c command' doesn't run loggin scripts

10. XWin 3.3.1 (redhat) Root BS works/ user's doesn't!

11. cygwin ssh doesn't allow /bin/passwd to be run remotely on Solaris/SunOS!?

12. 'failed running login shell' no non-root user login possible