Music CD's on Solaris 2.4 CD-ROM Drive

Post by Jonas J. Schle » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Under Solaris 1.x I was able to use a program called "cdplayer" to play
music CD's on the CD-ROM drive.  Is there such an option under Solaris 2.4?
If so please tell me what it is and anything special I need to do for it
to work correctly.

Thanks in advance!
--
"If it wasn't for C, we would be using BASI, PASAL, and OBOL."

1. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

        Hi, I just bought the Linux from Nascent CD-ROM and have been attempting
to install it on my 486DX2/66 machine.  I have a cardex SVGA card using a
Cirrus chipset and 1 meg of video ram.  I have 16 megs of 60-ns memory.  I also
have a local bus IDE hard drive controller (32-bit) running two 340-meg
western digital hard drives.  Oh, the video is local bus, too.  I also have
an IOMEGA floptical drive, as well as the almost expected 3.5" and 5.25"
floppies.  I also have a Soundblaster 16 sound card that is driving my CD-drive,
the setup that comes together in a multimedia pack, I forget the exact name,
but it is a fairly standard one.  It is a Panasonic cd-drive by the way.
A panasonic 54- something I think.  When I boot and root my way into Linux,
It won't mount my cd-drive.  Since the program files are all on CD, that
means I can't install.  I followed the instructions for fixing this problemm
in the manual, i.e. "mknod /dev/sbpcd b 25 0"
                    "ln -fs /dev/sbpcd /dev/cdrom"
This looked fine, but when I rebooted, Linux still wouldn't mount my drive.
I even tried getting new root and boot images via anonymous FTP and rawrite.
No dice.  Does anyone have any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike Van Camp

2. Accept() stops returning

3. How to play music CDs on CD-ROM drives?

4. IP Aliasing Problem

5. Play.c -- music CD's on CD-ROM Compile problem

6. Can I do this with SED?

7. replace cd-rom with CD-R / can't find mount CD-R drive

8. ip_forward is not working in small network

9. Solaris 2.4 and CD-ROM drives

10. Q: SCSI CD-ROM Drive recommendation for Solaris 2.4 x86-OS/2 setup

11. Solaris 2.4 x86 doesn't see CD-ROM reader

12. CD-ROM Drive/CD-ROM Bundle

13. Can't install Yggdrasil summer 94 CD-ROM with SCSI-1 CD-ROM