volume manager won't work

1. Volume Manager Won't Boot!

I've just installed Volume Manager 2.1 ( Veritas ) an a Sparc 1000, and used vxinstall
to encapsulate the boot disk.  Now it won't boot!  I get the following messages:

        Warning: vxvm: vxio: Cannot find device number for

        Notice: cannot open ROOTDISK: kernel error 6

        panic [cpu0]/thread=0xe0182000: ufs_mountroot: cannot mount root

I talked to Sun about it, and they said the problem was my disk partitioning.  I had two
partitions, / ( With /usr, /var, and /opt), and swap.  I dutifully repartitioned, with
seperate /, /usr, /opt, and swap.  No joy.  I get the same error.
I can boot the system without the Volume Manager by using boot -a, and specifing /dev/null
instead of /etc/system, but I really need to get Volume manager working.

Has anybody slain this particular dragon?  How about using volume manager with a single
Unix partition?

TIA

--
Frank DeBolt, Jr.          |  Art is either plagiarism or revolution.
Richmond, Va.              |                         -- Paul Gauguin

2. Keyboard equivalents.....

3. Mounting Volume Manager File Systems without the Volume Manager software

4. cfingerd1.0.1

5. Difference between veritas volume manager and Sun StorEdge volume manager?

6. Multiboot on MS Floppy

7. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

8. Booting Problem with SCSI Controller

9. Sun Volume Manager/Veritas Volume Manager

10. (Issue) Upgrade from Sun Enterprise Volume Manager to Veritas Volume Manager

11. Solaris 9 volume manager OR Veritas volume manager ?

12. Solaris9 Volume Manager Vs Veritas Volume Manager

13. Veritas Volume Manager vs Sun Volume Manager