Dynamic device reconfiguration

Post by da.. » Wed, 22 Sep 1993 15:18:29

A little while ago, I ran across a posting in comp.unix.solaris which
told how to add devices without having to reboot. I unfortunately lost
my copy of this article. Does anyone have a copy and could you either
repost or e-mail it ?

Thanks in advance,

David
--

David

David Bruso*in       Market Vision
US Mail                 40 Rector Street, 18th Floor, NYC 10006

Work Phone              212.227.1610 ext 334
Fax                     212.233.1430

1. Alternate pathing & dynamic reconfiguration

To make a choice between IBM RS6000 and SUN Ex500 architecture, I need
some information about the alternate pathing (AP) and dynamic
reconfiguration (DR) on a Ex500 with Solaris 7 .
Does someone has made some tests about these features ?
Is it something that works fine ?
Until what point these features avoid system reboot ?
Any experience about these 2 things would be a great help to me.

Thierry HUGE
AIX/Oracle/SAP Administrator
STEELCASE STRAFOR (FRANCE)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Micronics P100 133mhz

3. Dynamic Reconfiguration

4. Help needed please.

5. How to use DR(dynamic reconfiguration)

6. Dump backup greater than 100%???

7. 6800 Dynamic Reconfiguration...

8. need help with apache nt

9. How to enable Dynamic Reconfiguration on E15k?

10. Dynamic Reconfiguration on mid-range servers

11. SunFire 12K/15K dynamic reconfiguration, system board memory issues

12. Dynamic Reconfiguration of a PCI adapter (Is it Possible?)

13. kerneld and dynamic major device numbers?