Check use of udp_max_buf, udp_xmit_hiwat & udp_recv_hiwat

Check use of udp_max_buf, udp_xmit_hiwat & udp_recv_hiwat

Post by Yannick ROGE » Thu, 04 May 2006 15:45:37

Hi,

Because of loosing cluster multicast message on BEA WebLogic, I'm working on udp_max_buf, udp_xmit_hiwat & udp_recv_hiwat system solaris 9 values. How can I see the use of these buffers, if they are huge enough or not? How can I detect is they are full or not?

Regards,

Yannick

1. tcp_xmit_hiwat, tcp_xmit_lowat, udp_xmit_hiwat, udp_xmit_lowat

Hi:

Could someone explain to me what exactly the parameters tcp_xmit_hiwat,
tcp_xmit_lowat (in /dev/tcp) and udp_xmit_hiwat, udp_xmit_lowat (in
/dev/udp) mean (as well as their corresponding _recv_ parameters, such
as tcp_recv_lowat)? This is under Solaris 2.5.1.

Seems like the ..._hiwat parameters control the max size of the
appropriate send/receive buffers, but is this on a per TCP connection/UDP
datagram basis, or is it an overall size?

What do the corresponding _lowat parameters mean? Is this a lower limit on
buffer size, so that even if fewer than these bytes are buffered, the
buffer size will be at least the _lowat size?

Also, does one normally take the speed of network interfaces into account
when setting them? If so, what happens when you have a multihomed machine
with interfaces of varying speeds?

Thanks,
Vinod Kutty
University of Illinois at Chicago.

2. SMTP/POP

3. udp_recv_hiwat

4. seperate squid routes, shared?

6. Formatierer fuer C-Code

8. NOTICE: zs3:ring buffer overflow

9. 没有人用中文吗?

10. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

11. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?

12. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

13. &&&&&& NEEED HELP COMPAQ AND XXXXXXXXXXX