How to remove an NIS client from NIS domain

How to remove an NIS client from NIS domain

Post by Do » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hello, I need to remove a SPARC10 workstatin from the NIS domain.
I have only added, but never removed.
Is there any special procedure for doing this?
This workstation is our secondary SAMBA server.
Thanks,
Don

How to remove an NIS client from NIS domain

Post by M.B. » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hello, I need to remove a SPARC10 workstatin from the NIS domain.
> I have only added, but never removed.
> Is there any special procedure for doing this?
> This workstation is our secondary SAMBA server.
> Thanks,
> Don

I believe you're going to want to remove the credentials.  The command:

nisaddcred -r <principal-name>

should work.  To check do this:

on roothost#nismatch <principal-name>. cred.org_dir
on localhost#nismatch <principal-name>. cred.org_dir

Let me know if this works for you.

M.B.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Post by Kjetil Torgrim Homm » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>   Hello, I need to remove a SPARC10 workstatin from the NIS domain.
>   I have only added, but never removed.  Is there any special
>   procedure for doing this?

No.

Even it is a NIS server (ie. has a copy of the files in
/var/yp/`domainname`), you only need to remove it from the "ypservers"
map.

Kjetil T.

PS. You may want to erase the host from the NIS-maps "hosts" and
    "netgroup", if it is going offline.

1. Adding linux NIS clients to Solaris NIS+ domain

Does anyone have experience adding linux NIS clients to a Solaris NIS+
server running in NIS compatability mode? I'd like to pitch the idea to
my boss in order to replace/supplement Xterminals with cheap linux
workstations. All my administration experience has been with NIS+. Is it
a configuration headace, security problem, or impossible?
Thanks ahead,
Keen Young

2. CAP for Linux

3. Using Linux NIS client in Solaris NIS Domain

4. How to fix a ruined inittab file

5. NIS+ Sub-Domain client: should it be a member of the master domain AND sub-domain?

6. help xf86_svga and HerculesStingray

7. NIS : auth problem with Linux nis server and SUN sparc nis client

8. Motif-2.0 bug ?

9. NIS+ : Can an HP be a NIS client to a Sun NIS+ server

10. How to have 2 component NIS+ domain emulate one component NIS domain?

11. Changing from NIS client t NIS+ Client

12. NIS and nis.domain

13. NIS & NIS+ in same sub-domain