Strange problem in Solaris 2.1 compatibility mode

Strange problem in Solaris 2.1 compatibility mode

Post by Larry W. Vird » Thu, 18 Mar 1993 05:29:41

I am working on porting some code to Solaris 2.x.  But I don't have time
to work on less right now, so I have been using the SunOS 4.1.x binary.
Most of the time, it works just fine.  But one feature seems to fail.  When
I use the ! to escape out to the shell, I get the message:

sh: /usr/ucb/ksh: not found

and it is right - there is no such critter (it's /usr/bin/ksh).  But the
strange thing is that the string /usr/ucb/ksh is no where to be found!
Well, no where that I have looked (in less itself, in ksh itself, libraries
etc) can I find a reference to /usr/ucb/ksh.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Personal: 674 Falls Place,   Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-1614