maint update leads to missing disk space??

maint update leads to missing disk space??

Post by John Frou » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone come across the issue of missing disk space in the /usr
filesystem following the installation of the 2.6 maint update issue 1.
I seem to be missing about 50mb on the free space (k) calculation on a
df. A du seems to point to an increase in disc usage of about 8mb post
install. I have checked sunsolve and poured through results of du / df /
lsof etc. Does anyone know of other utilities that may be available to
more closely track the disc usage. The symptoms are the same as someone
deleteing an open file but the system still exibits the problem after a
reboot with no apps started

Thanls

John

- -----------------------------------------

Merrill Lync h  -  Equity Developmnet Support
Desk 0171  892 8074      Mobile 0467 298442
- -----------------------------------------

[...]

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

>Has anyone come across the issue of missing disk space in the /usr
>filesystem following the installation of the 2.6 maint update issue 1. I
>seem to be missing about 50mb on the free space (k) calculation on a df.
>A du seems to point to an increase in disc usage of about 8mb post
>install. I have checked sunsolve and poured through results of du / df /
>lsof etc. Does anyone know of other utilities that may be available to
>more closely track the disc usage. The symptoms are the same as someone
>deleteing an open file but the system still exibits the problem after a
>reboot with no apps started

The maintenance update probably installed patch #105572-05 which fixed
the freespace calculation problem.

So now you get the typical 10% reservation for root back (up from 0.1% in 2.6
FCS)

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.