Compiling Software On Solaris 7

Post by Cype » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:24:22

I have been having a hell of a time compiling software (MySQL 3.22.32
specifically) on my Ultra 10.  My environment looks like this:

gunzip 1.3
gcc 2.8.1
flex 2.5.4
And I have the additional libraries installed for gcc 2.8.1.  I choose this
version because 2.9 had some OS specific issues regarding patches that I
didn't care to deal with (i have however tried this process with the newer
complier and have gotten the same errors). When I am configuring MySQL, the
configure command fails with the following message:

gcc: installation problem, cannot execute 'as' : No such file or directory

This message seems like it should be an easy one to eliminate... but I am
not seeing the answer.  If you have any advice, I would appreciate the help.
Some other pertinent information may be that I am doing this as root, and
installing into the /usr/local/mysql directory.

Thanks... can't see the forest through the trees,
Patrick

Post by Barbie LeVil » Sun, 10 Sep 2000 16:47:30

> gcc: installation problem, cannot execute 'as' : No such file or directory

its not in your path:

/usr/ccs/bin/as

--
Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus

I have seen things you lusers would not believe.
I've seen Sun monitors on fire off the side of the multimedia lab.
I've seen NTU lights glitter in the dark near the Mail Gate.
All these things will be lost in time, like the root partition last week.
Time to die.

Compiling Software On Solaris 7

Post by Cype » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:45:56

Turns out that my installation was only an End User installation... I had
added the appropriate line in my path, but the files that were included in
the installation were incomplete. I knew this was a dumb problem....

Thank you for everything, If there is an interest in a documented process
for this configuration, I will post it. Sometimes it's just hard to see your
own problems....

Patrick

http://www.amigaworld.com/barbie/index.html