Anonymous config for wu-ftp -> /etc/passwd

Anonymous config for wu-ftp -> /etc/passwd

Post by Roar Petters » Sat, 18 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hello !

I have lost my information on how to configure anonymous ftp login for
the wu-ftp on a solaris 2.4. Can anyone give the config please !

Regards

Roar Pettersen
NORWAY

1. How to prevent anonymous ftp w/wu-ftp

Hi folks!

   I have been trying to limit my ftp server to 2 users.  In addition, I
want to remove anonymous users altogether.  This is what I have done:

  1) added anonymous and guest to /etc/ftpusers
  2) removed anonymous and guest from the "class" line of /etc/ftpaccess

  3) added the following lines to /etc/ftpaccess:
                   defaultserver private
                   defaultserver deny *
                   defaultserver allow <user1> <user2>

However, when I ftp to the machine and enter "anonymous" as the
username, I still receive the following:
       331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as
password.

I would like the utility to state something like:  anonymous users not
permitted

Can this be done with wu-ftp?
Did I do the "right" things above when trying to prevent anonymous
access?

Thank you for your help.

Regards
   Dennis

2. xset led control (ChangeKeyboardControl) broken in Xfree 3.1.2?

3. why does anonymous ftp need /etc/passwd?

4. RA81 burnout

5. wu-ftp ls problems with non-anonymous users and pc clients

6. Two Questions: Popper & Syslog

7. wu-ftp anonymous access and uploading...

8. Linux and FAT32

9. wu-ftpd and ~ftp/etc/passwd

10. Setting up wu-ftp for anonymous downloads and secured uploads

11. Wu-ftp anonymous server problem.

12. Anonymous wu-ftp Woes...

13. Wu-FTP : how chrooted anonymous in a public dir