Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Post by Spukni » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00



Good luck!

1. What information is stored in /var/adm/sulog?
2. Which UNIX file, used at login, is common to Korn and Bourne shell?
3. How do you install a patch?
4. List BootPROM commands to boot a system from devices other than
default disk?
5. How can you remove an alias for mydisk?
6. How change you change user ownership of a file?
7. Which file is recording the binding of physical and instance device
names?
8. Command to delete a software package?
9. Command for full backup?
10. What does a disk label describe?
11. What type of host is using services on the network?
12. What is a software configuration cluster?
13. What does quot do?
14. What is a device instance name?
15. List the tasks of the Kernel?
16. How do you interrupt and recover a system which is not responding?
17. When would you modify startup-files in /etc/init.d?
18. Command stopping all system processes and returning system to
default run state?
19. Assign highest priority to printer job?
20. How do you display UID, GID?
21. What is an instance name an abbreviation for?
22. What does prtconf do?
23. Command to list all installed patches?
24. How do you install a software package from a spool directory?
25. Where can you find the terminfo-file?
26. What does the ?t on the end of file permissions mean?
27. How can you modify ACLs?
28. How do you remove a print job?
29. Which file system do you have to mount beside root to guarantee a
minimal functioning system?
30. Which tasks contribute to system security?
31. What is a valid physical device name?
32. How can you restore on a new disk?
33. How can you verify the present run-level?
34. What information do you need to access remote printers?
35. How do you set a default printer?
36. Command to display software package information?
37. Features of lp functions?
38. How do you mount partition x on disk y?
39. Command to change group ownership?
40. What OS are supported by Solaris print services?
41. Where do you set automatical mounting at boot?
42. What is multitasking?
43. Command to mount filesystems smaller than 2GB?
44. How can you edit a users crontab?
45. How do you schedule a backup at 7:00 PM on partition x?
46. Creating printer classes?
47. What functions are available in run-level 3?
48. Where can you find the encrypted password?
49. What is the logical device name for controller w , disk x, logical
unit number y and partition z?
50. What is the daemon for crontab?
51. Where are shell environment variables stored?
52. In which file are Bourne shell environment variables stored?
53. How can you terminate the entire print service?
54. What does the command chmod 2750 test.doc do?
55. How do you install a software package from CD-ROM?
56. How do you view the printer queue?
57. What does the BootPROM command banner do?
58. Commands to boot from CD-ROM?
59. During which boot phase is /etc/system read?
60. What is true about print servers?
61. What is true about entries in the crontab file?
62. Commands to create aliases in BootPROM?
63. Which tasks do not require a system  halt?
64. What does the command lp d sparky spock do?
65. Where can you obtain patches?
66. Which command is producing the output root console .....13:27?
67. How can you restore interactively?
68. Which file is containing the default variables for the Bourne shell?

69. In which files is the default file system for the command mount F
stored?
70. What is right about the sysadmin group?
71. Which EEPROM settings can non-root users change?
72. List the hardware requirements for Solaris 7 installation?
73. Which scripts does /sbin/init call?
74. What is necessary to configure access to a remote printer?
75. What does umask, umask 027 do?
76. What does setuid do?
77. What is the minimum requirement for a successful login?
78. How can you move printing requests from one printer to another
printer?
79. What is true about partitions?
80. Which file is controlling the root login?
81. Valid Solaris shells?

 
 
 

Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Nice to see they're still asking useless questions to keep
certification pointless.  And of course, asking questions
for which the answers will change in Solaris 8 to keep the
exam cram book publishers busy.

--
________________________________________________________________________

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/


 
 
 

Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Post by Chri » Sun, 23 Jan 2000 04:00:00


They gotta be like Microsoft, I guess!

Chris


> Nice to see they're still asking useless questions to keep
> certification pointless.  And of course, asking questions
> for which the answers will change in Solaris 8 to keep the
> exam cram book publishers busy.

> --
> ________________________________________________________________________

> Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/


 
 
 

Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Post by Tony » Thu, 27 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Do you have the Exam No.2 questions ?
Please post them if possible ,

Thanking you

 
 
 

Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Post by TJ » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00


They're on www.learnsolaris.com

> Do you have the Exam No.2 questions ?
> Please post them if possible ,

> Thanking you

 
 
 

Solaris Exam 1 Braindump

Post by ambro5.. » Sat, 29 Jan 2000 04:00:00


Although this braindump might reflect the test that Spuknit had taken,
keep in mind that questions are randomly selected from a pool. And this
list does not cover all possible questions or even topics.  I hope that
everyone will at least review the test objectives on the Sun website
before spending a $150 to find out what this braindump does not list.

Good luck!



Quote:> Good luck!

> 1. What information is stored in /var/adm/sulog?
> 2. Which UNIX file, used at login, is common to Korn and Bourne shell?
> 3. How do you install a patch?
> 4. List BootPROM commands to boot a system from devices other than
> default disk?
> 5. How can you remove an alias for mydisk?
> 6. How change you change user ownership of a file?
> 7. Which file is recording the binding of physical and instance device
> names?
> 8. Command to delete a software package?
> 9. Command for full backup?
> 10. What does a disk label describe?
> 11. What type of host is using services on the network?
> 12. What is a software configuration cluster?
> 13. What does quot do?
> 14. What is a device instance name?
> 15. List the tasks of the Kernel?
> 16. How do you interrupt and recover a system which is not responding?
> 17. When would you modify startup-files in /etc/init.d?
> 18. Command stopping all system processes and returning system to
> default run state?
> 19. Assign highest priority to printer job?
> 20. How do you display UID, GID?
> 21. What is an instance name an abbreviation for?
> 22. What does prtconf do?
> 23. Command to list all installed patches?
> 24. How do you install a software package from a spool directory?
> 25. Where can you find the terminfo-file?
> 26. What does the ?t on the end of file permissions mean?
> 27. How can you modify ACLs?
> 28. How do you remove a print job?
> 29. Which file system do you have to mount beside root to guarantee a
> minimal functioning system?
> 30. Which tasks contribute to system security?
> 31. What is a valid physical device name?
> 32. How can you restore on a new disk?
> 33. How can you verify the present run-level?
> 34. What information do you need to access remote printers?
> 35. How do you set a default printer?
> 36. Command to display software package information?
> 37. Features of lp functions?
> 38. How do you mount partition x on disk y?
> 39. Command to change group ownership?
> 40. What OS are supported by Solaris print services?
> 41. Where do you set automatical mounting at boot?
> 42. What is multitasking?
> 43. Command to mount filesystems smaller than 2GB?
> 44. How can you edit a users crontab?
> 45. How do you schedule a backup at 7:00 PM on partition x?
> 46. Creating printer classes?
> 47. What functions are available in run-level 3?
> 48. Where can you find the encrypted password?
> 49. What is the logical device name for controller w , disk x, logical
> unit number y and partition z?
> 50. What is the daemon for crontab?
> 51. Where are shell environment variables stored?
> 52. In which file are Bourne shell environment variables stored?
> 53. How can you terminate the entire print service?
> 54. What does the command chmod 2750 test.doc do?
> 55. How do you install a software package from CD-ROM?
> 56. How do you view the printer queue?
> 57. What does the BootPROM command banner do?
> 58. Commands to boot from CD-ROM?
> 59. During which boot phase is /etc/system read?
> 60. What is true about print servers?
> 61. What is true about entries in the crontab file?
> 62. Commands to create aliases in BootPROM?
> 63. Which tasks do not require a system  halt?
> 64. What does the command lp d sparky spock do?
> 65. Where can you obtain patches?
> 66. Which command is producing the output root console .....13:27?
> 67. How can you restore interactively?
> 68. Which file is containing the default variables for the Bourne
shell?

> 69. In which files is the default file system for the command mount F
> stored?
> 70. What is right about the sysadmin group?
> 71. Which EEPROM settings can non-root users change?
> 72. List the hardware requirements for Solaris 7 installation?
> 73. Which scripts does /sbin/init call?
> 74. What is necessary to configure access to a remote printer?
> 75. What does umask, umask 027 do?
> 76. What does setuid do?
> 77. What is the minimum requirement for a successful login?
> 78. How can you move printing requests from one printer to another
> printer?
> 79. What is true about partitions?
> 80. Which file is controlling the root login?
> 81. Valid Solaris shells?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.