Error: ftp: ioctl I_FIND ttcompat: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Error: ftp: ioctl I_FIND ttcompat: Inappropriate ioctl for device

Post by EA » Sat, 11 Sep 1999 04:00:00

After upgrading our Sparc Solaris boxes from 2.5.1 to 2.6 I have a weird
error with ftp from within a script:
ftp: ioctl I_FIND ttcompat: Inappropriate ioctl for device
Trying to ftp from one Solaris 2.6 box to another.
Ftping manually from the shell doesn't give that error.
The script worked fine under 2.5.1

Any hints as to where I should start looking? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Cheers
E.

1. getting 'ioctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device'

I have /sbin/insmod my driver and it is successful. I also executed 'mknod' so
that my device is in /dev directory. Now, from the user space, I opened this
device and it is successful. But when I try to send an ioctl, I get 'ioctl
failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device' message. Also, I see none of the other
calls like open in my fops are getting called either. I know this because, I
have printks in my fops--open call and I don't see it in the /var/log/messages.
I thought that this should be called when I do - an open on this device from the
User Space. Is my assumption wrong. Any thoughts ...

thanx,

2. crontab replace

3. getting - "ioctl failed: Inappropriate ioctl for device"

4. Need help doing parsing in CGI script

5. Error: "Inappropriate ioctl for device"

6. Be A Winner! 952

7. inappropriate ioctl for device?

8. ATI Graphics Pro Turbo dot clocks

9. Inappropriate ioctl for device

10. What does "inappropriate ioctl for device" mean?

11. Dkiocinfo: inappropriate ioctl for device

12. fastfs - Inappropriate ioctl for device?