libform for Solaris, where to find ?

Post by Clemens Schwaighofe » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi!

I installed MTV (a mpleg player for Solaris), but when I start
it, I get this message...

bash-2.03$ ./mtv
ld.so.1: ./mtv: fatal: libforms.so.0.88: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

when I looked in the /usr/lib dir I didn't find any libforms.so files
there,
so I assume I haven't installed it. I found a URL to the HP from
libforms in the MTV README, but the link isn't working.

so can anybody help me with this problem. Where can I find
those libraries ?

--
mfg, Clemens Schwaighofer
PIXELWINGS Medien AG

Post by Barbie LeVil » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!

> I installed MTV (a mpleg player for Solaris), but when I start
> it, I get this message...

> bash-2.03$ ./mtv
> ld.so.1: ./mtv: fatal: libforms.so.0.88: open failed: No such file or
> directory
> Killed

> when I looked in the /usr/lib dir I didn't find any libforms.so files
> there,
> so I assume I haven't installed it. I found a URL to the HP from
> libforms in the MTV README, but the link isn't working.

> so can anybody help me with this problem. Where can I find
> those libraries ?

www.mpegtv.com

the have it available, i got mine from them.
But then, if you use a sparc box, take a look at sun's showmeTv, which is
massivly faster then mtv.
and it can play mp3s, old movs and avis, broadcast mpegs over a netwok and
other neat stuff.

--
Barbie - Prayers are like junkmail for Jesus

"There are few sights as unnerving as a diehard Microsoftie in full jihad
mode."

SRGC 0.22: SR1 SR2+++ SR3--- h++++ b++ b--- UB++ IE- RN+ SR_D+++ W++
           dk sh++++ ri++++ sa+++ ad+++ m+++(x+++) gm++ m+++ P+++(P*)

Post by Logan Sh » Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>www.mpegtv.com

>the have it available, i got mine from them.
>But then, if you use a sparc box, take a look at sun's showmeTv, which is
>massivly faster then mtv.
>and it can play mp3s, old movs and avis, broadcast mpegs over a netwok and
>other neat stuff.

Or, there's always xanim.  http://xanim.va.pubnix.com/home.html .

It can play lots of things, although it doesn't have all the latest
codecs for everything in existence.

  - Logan

Post by Clemens Schwaighofe » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> www.mpegtv.com

> the have it available, i got mine from them.
> But then, if you use a sparc box, take a look at sun's showmeTv, which is
> massivly faster then mtv.
> and it can play mp3s, old movs and avis, broadcast mpegs over a netwok and
> other neat stuff.

yeah it's realy cool. Just can't understand why it's not installed with
the
Solaris System itself. And it's so hidden on this AnswerBook CD

but how can I play mp3s? I still use mpg123, but this one can't play
mp3s with dynamic bit rate

--
mfg, Clemens Schwaighofer
PIXELWINGS Medien AG
Kandlgasse 15/5, A-1070 Wien, T: [+43 1] 524 58 50 - 52
http://www.pixelwings.com/

libform for Solaris, where to find ?

Post by Logan Sh » Sat, 29 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>but how can I play mp3s? I still use mpg123, but this one can't play
>mp3s with dynamic bit rate

For mp3s, I use Xaudio from http://www.xaudio.com/ .  It can play some
files mpg123 can't play (like Windows .WAV files which use an mp3
encoding), so I suppose there's a chance it will play those which have
a dynamic bit rate.  The web page says,

        Supports all formats: the library will decode MPEG Audio
        Layers 1, 2 and 3 (MP1, MP2 and MP3), at all bitrates and
        frequencies as well as MPEG 2.5 extension bitstreams
        (lower sampling rates).

That doesn't directly answer the question, but it implies it will
handle almost anything claiming to be an mp3.

  - Logan

libform for Solaris, where to find ?

Post by Clemens 'Gullevek' Schwaighofe » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>That doesn't directly answer the question, but it implies it will
>handle almost anything claiming to be an mp3.

Thanx for your help anyway ^^

_________/\_____________________              ^_^             ()~()

ICQ#: 9646646        I AM FROM AUSTRIA! \______________ _ //\ ~ /\\
Homepage: http://members.eunet.at/schwaigl             \_____________

1. Where to find libforms.so.0.81

Hey ho.

  I've installed a couple of packages that require libforms.so.0.81,
which apparently is NOT installed on my computer.  I've searched
tsx-11.mit.edu for this file, as well as sunsite.unc.edu (though I
didn't search that site thouroughly -- I'm not familiar with it's
organization and can't find diddly there).  Perhaps libforms is part
of a tar file with different name.  Can anyone give me any pointers to
this puppy?

  Thanks,

  Jesse

2. What is binutils?

3. Solaris 2.1 libform.a bug?

4. AWK: index("A-Za-z",c) > 0 syntax error

5. Lyx and libforms.so.0.86

6. ppc64 update

7. Where are libforms?

8. buffer overflow

9. libforms.so.2.0

10. Debian: Tips on why libforms.a won't link?

11. Lyx and libform.so.0.88 problem

12. Library problem (libforms)

13. lyx & libforms.so.81