automatic startup of services during the system's startup

automatic startup of services during the system's startup

Post by S?ren Hanisc » Tue, 28 May 2002 22:45:59

Hello,

in wich file are these services configured, that should be started during
the boot-process of the unix (Solaris) system?

Thanks for help.

automatic startup of services during the system's startup

Post by Adam » Tue, 28 May 2002 23:42:08

I think your looking for /etc/rc2.d /etc/rc3.d  etc...etc....

Adam

Quote:> Hello,

> in wich file are these services configured, that should be started during
> the boot-process of the unix (Solaris) system?

> Thanks for help.

1. starting diald during system startup

I have diald working for auto-dialing PPP.  I can get it working if I
issue the diald command line from a shell window.

However, I can't get it to auto start during system startup.  I've place
the command in inittab, rc.inet1 and rc.inet2.  In all cases, diald
shows up using 'ps aux', but I does respond when I attempt an access
out the port.  If I kill diald, and restart it from the command line, it
works.

My question is:  where do I place the command so diald correctly starts
up during system startup?

thanks,
marty

2. Linux Serial HOWTO (part 1/2)

3. 5 minute delay during system and apache startup

4. ATTENTION!!!

5. sound during system startup (in LILO?)

6. COMPILING a 1.3.X kernel with Slackware ELF Dist.

7. Linux startup process hangs during "Starting system loggers"

8. Too many objects in make file

9. KDE hangs on startup - "Initializing system services"

10. system caught during startup

11. Help. System freezes during startup.

12. Apache 2.0.39 - Critical Event During Startup

13. startup services . . . . (I'm a newbie)