newbie needs help changing IP address

Post by Srinandan.Hullahall » Sun, 19 May 2002 04:15:46

Read man page on 'sys-unconfig'. If it is just IP address
change, you really need not have to run the above command.
Just change in hosts, and if needed defaultrouter and
netmask files.

The command 'sys-config' will prompt you for info. such as
hostname,ipaddress,subnet,name service info,etc. This
command will wipe out all(most) your old information and
will not keep any backup copies of config
files. And you also need to reboot the machine.
Hence decide what you want before you run this potentially
dangerous program.

-Nanda Hullahalli

newbie needs help changing IP address

Post by Srinandan.Hullahall » Sun, 19 May 2002 04:24:53

Something happened to my news reader(tin). Instead of posting
a reply to the thread, it started a new thread.
Sorry..

-Nanda Hullahalli

newbie needs help changing IP address

Post by John Smit » Sun, 19 May 2002 04:39:02

We deal with hardware/driver development and testing.  Will this tool wipe
out these installed drivers?

Thanks for your help.

Quote:> Read man page on 'sys-unconfig'. If it is just IP address
> change, you really need not have to run the above command.
> Just change in hosts, and if needed defaultrouter and
> netmask files.

> The command 'sys-config' will prompt you for info. such as
> hostname,ipaddress,subnet,name service info,etc. This
> command will wipe out all(most) your old information and
> will not keep any backup copies of config
> files. And you also need to reboot the machine.
> Hence decide what you want before you run this potentially
> dangerous program.

> -Nanda Hullahalli

newbie needs help changing IP address

Post by Srinandan.Hullahall » Sun, 19 May 2002 05:32:48

Look at the man page for sys-unconfig. It lists all the
things this program sys-unconfig does. See which ones
affect your machine and discuss with other admins in your
group.

-Nanda Hullahalli

newbie needs help changing IP address

Post by Joe Blogg » Sun, 19 May 2002 05:34:47

Quote:> We deal with hardware/driver development and testing.  Will this tool wipe
> out these installed drivers?

> Thanks for your help.

No.  For that, better if you develop your drivers in pkg format, so that you
can pkgrm it (and do any modunload type stuff from within the a postinstall
script).

1. newbie needs help changing IP address.

I have a system up and running (rather, it was).  We went through a network
migration and moved from one network to another.  How do I reconfigure my
system to get onto the new network.  I have modiefied hostname.hme0, hosts,
defaultdomain, nodename, & netmasks  in /etc.

This is a Sun ultra 5/10 and runs Solaris 8.  Is there a tool or something?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

2. VT200 keyboard with xterm (follow-up)

3. change MAC address can change IP address of a machine?

4. GCC or G++, who is the best?

5. Help needed on changing IP address

6. cups

7. Changing IP address on Solaris 9 with multiple virtual IP addresses

8. SPARC5/SOLARIS AND PRINTERS

9. Need help changing machines IP address

10. Help - Need to change IP addresses V 3.25 & 4.1.4

11. Need Help Changing IP address

12. need help changing ip address

13. newbie: need help with IP address notation