Help: File for Multiple Users as Once

Post by schic.. » Sat, 01 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hello All,
  I am working with an Access database that is being stored on an Intel
machine running Solaris 2.6.  The people are am doing this for would
like to keep the database stored there for security and backup reasons.
The problem is, two users cannot open the Access database at the same
time while it is stored on the Solaris machine.  If I move it to a PC,
there is no trouble with multiple users of the file.  I don't know
enough about UNIX to know if there are file/permission settings that can
fix this problem.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

              Thanks,
                Scot

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.