What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?

Post by Tim Carma » Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:06:48

1.
What happens if a stream module is pushed onto multiple stream driver?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

2.
What happens if a stream module is opened multiple times?
Will its open and close routines called each time when it is
pushed? And shall I write some special code to handle this situation?

1. Solaris x86 failure to push streams module into network stream

I just build a streams driver module. It was installed into the system
with add_drv and loaded with modload. I also set up a device in the
/devices and /dev for it. When I try to install it into my network
stream I get the following message.

ifconfig: fail to insert module: base: Invalid argument

It appears that the module "base" cannot be found. Any suggestions?

Steve West

2. Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)

3. How to push STREAMS module into socket stream

4. QuickCam Driver?

5. How to push a module onto an existing STREAM?

6. Apache mod_dir not working. Help?

7. Pushing modules onto mounted stream: Inappropriate ioctl for device

8. Disgusted with kbuild developers

9. How to push a STREAMS module between ethernet driver and IP?

10. Pushing arbitrary STREAMS modules over an IP connection

11. Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module

12. STREAMS: push module on /dev/tcp

13. Solaris 10(Sparc) Fireengine push another stream module