telnet fails to run on Solaris 7

Post by Michal Szymans » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

I've just installed Solaris 7 on Ultra 10 Sparc.
"telnet" fails to work reporting:

Quote:> telnet sirius

Trying 193.0.88.1...
Connected to sirius.astrouw.edu.pl.
Escape character is '^]'.
ld.so.1: telnet: fatal: relocation error: file telnet: symbol setupterm:
referenced symbol not found
Killed

and then the whole window disappears.

Also, "clear" does not work in xterm window, saying just "Killed".

any hints?

regards, Michal.

--

  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Sat, 01 May 1999 04:00:00

>I've just installed Solaris 7 on Ultra 10 Sparc.
>"telnet" fails to work reporting:

>> telnet sirius
>Trying 193.0.88.1...
>Connected to sirius.astrouw.edu.pl.
>Escape character is '^]'.
>ld.so.1: telnet: fatal: relocation error: file telnet: symbol setupterm:
>referenced symbol not found
>Killed

>and then the whole window disappears.
>Also, "clear" does not work in xterm window, saying just "Killed".
>any hints?

Remove /usr/ucblib from your LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Univ. of California at Berkeley         http://soar.Berkeley.EDU/~alanc/

1. HELP: 'telnet.exe' fails when I run "ndc start"...

Hello here,

I have 2 PC's linked together very simply: one running on
NT as a client, and the other one that I use as a server
with Linux. Since I've performed a very small a simple
DNS configuration on my Linux PC, from the moment I run
the command "ndc start" on, I can no more telnet towards
it from my client PC. As soon as I shut ndc down -with
"ndc stop"- I can once again perform telnet connexions,
either with the host name of my Linux PC or with its IP
address (I've followed http://www.troubleshooters.com/
linux/dns.htm/ instructions to create a domain name).

Does anybody know here what causes my Windows program
telnet.exe to fail every time I run "ndc [re]start", i.e.
every time the named daemon is up on my server ??

Thanks for any enlightenment !

Regards,
Seb

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HELP File system

3. Network Problems - Remote Ping successful / telnet local successful / telnet remote failed

4. Q: how to detect holes in files

5. NETWORK--Outbound TELNET ok but Inbound TELNET fails

6. Adaptec 1542 problems and NFS Install

7. Remote Ping successful/telnet local successful/telnet remote failed

8. Mulitple sessions

9. Lock User Account in Solaris 2.6 after 3 failed telnet sessions

10. solaris 2.5 with xdm and telnet-login failed

11. telnet to Cisco 516-CS termserver from Solaris fails.