Sun Net Talk: Secure and Affordable, Sun's Java[tm] Desktop System in Action.

Sun Net Talk: Secure and Affordable, Sun's Java[tm] Desktop System in Action.

Post by Krishna Tyn » Thu, 29 Jan 2004 05:26:14

Register now:  www.sun.com/nettalk/java_desktop?ssobm=ng
Tuesday, February 3, 2004 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern.

Sun executives Jonathan Schwartz, Executive Vice
President, Software Group, and Curtis Sasaki, Vice President
of Engineering, Desktop Solutions will discuss how the Java
Desktop System's combination of open source and open
standards can lower costs, reduce complexity, increase
productivity and eliminate virus attacks.  Following the Net
Talk, there will be a live, online discussion with a panel
of business and technology experts to answers questions.

To Register:  www.sun.com/nettalk/java_desktop?ssobm=ng
Tuesday, February 3, 2004 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern.

1. Feb. 3rd Sun Net Talk: See Java Desktop System in Action

<URL:http://www.sun.com/nettalk/java_desktop>
| Special Edition Sun Net Talk
| Secure and Affordable: Sun's Java? Desktop System in Action
| Feb 03, 2004
| 2pm Easterm/11am Pacific (1 hour)
[snipped]
| The Sun Java Desktop System is an affordable, comprehensive, easy-to-
| use, and secure desktop. And if it weren't for the money you'll save,
| you might swear it was Windows. See for yourself in this demo-packed
| eSeminar with Sun executives Jonathan Schwartz, Executive Vice
| President, Software Group, and Curtis Sasaki, Vice President of
| Engineering, Desktop Solutions. They'll explain how the Java Desktop
| System's combination of open source and open standards will lower
| costs, reduce complexity, increase productivity and virtually
| eliminate virus attacks.
[snipped]
| Then stay online for an Expert Exchange event immediately following.
| To ensure that we answer everyone's questions we'll have a large panel
| of experts online for a full hour of chat. You'll have direct access
| to the in-depth information you need from the people who know.

The Expert Exchange at the conclusion looks like an opportunity to
ask questions and provide feedback to the MadHatters about how their
plans impact Solaris.

John

2. Automake/autoconf strangness

3. Release of Sun(tm)'s Java(tm) Development Kit Beta 1.0 for Linux

4. Looking 4 Linux on tape

5. Sun Java Desktop System, Release 2: Simplified Desktop Management

6. 1.1.77 doesn't link?

7. Inferno/Java Lucent/Sun.. Sun talks, Lucent does

8. How easy is Slackware 96 to install?

9. java/47447: linux-sun-jdk1.4.1: java command can't find java.lang.Object

10. Sun Java Desktop System - eth1 wireless detected, but not active

11. Slackware 1.1.2 talk(1) won't talk to Suns (explain talkd)

12. `talk' to talk to Sun

13. sun's netscape 4.5/Sol 7 versus sun's developer site