Solaris x86 2.6 Installation Problems

Post by Christopher Bidwel » Thu, 05 Oct 2000 04:00:00

The error I get upon installation via my CD is as follows through
Configuration Assistant

I have tried everything and still am unable to even BEGIN the installation
process.....could someone please help me on this...
Is there an updated driver for my CD-ROM or what?  I'm getting
frustrated....thanks

Chris

Solaris x86 2.6 Installation Problems

Post by Jerry Roger » Fri, 06 Oct 2000 12:51:32

Try looking at the hardware compat. list for 2.6.  Make sure the cdrom
you have is supported.  If not, try checking Sunsolve for latest driver
installation disks.

> The error I get upon installation via my CD is as follows through
> Configuration Assistant

> I have tried everything and still am unable to even BEGIN the installation
> process.....could someone please help me on this...
> Is there an updated driver for my CD-ROM or what?  I'm getting
> frustrated....thanks

> Chris

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

1. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

I was going to use this hard drive to move large files from my
Ultra to my Pentium PC for CD-R backup, but upon "boot -r" on
the Ultra I saw an error about "invalid geometry" on sd3, the
drive I had formatted on my PC to be ufs.  And now of course
I can't even "prtvtoc" this disk ("Unable to read Disk geometry"),
so mounting it is seemingly out of the question.

What's the problem?  Was I naive to assume the a ufs on a Solaris
system would be the same regardless of CPU type?  I really don't
want to use Ethernet to transmit potentially gigabytes of data
on a regular basis :-(...

Please reply via email (and post here, of course), as I don't
get a chance to keep up with the newsgroup as regularly as I
would wish.  Thanks.

Mark J. Kaufman             Sun Microsystems, San Diego

2. ftp server config (newbie)

3. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

4. Linux/UNIX=Windows

5. Solaris 2.6 x86 Installation error

6. avoid FreeBSD 4.0 -- it might FUBAR your large IDE disk

7. Using Solaris 2.6 x86 for multi-OS installation

8. upgrade to the WMT MPEG Editor

9. Solaris 2.6 for x86 installation

10. Solaris 2.6 x86 installation fail !?

11. how do I create a Solaris x86 2.6 installation CD with my software on it?

12. 2.6 x86 Serial Port/Modem Installation Problem

13. Solaris 2.6 x86 problem: X server loops (Netscape related?)