IPC not keeping correct time or date.

Post by Dave Abne » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have an IPC that works fine but if I turn it off it loses time while
the unit is powered down.  My suspicion is that the NVRAM battery is
running low.  Has anyone else experienced this problem or is there any
other reason that this may be happening?
Thanks,
Dave

1. Kernel time - 'date' not correct

Can someone tell me why my CMOS time is correct (shows correct in
/var/log/messages) but the date command shows the time off by 5 hours.
This throws the time in my e-mails off.  How can I make them the same
time?  I think my TZ variable is set but don't know how to find out
where.

Thanks

Dan Warren
Design Dimensions

2. another xmms-problem with avi/mpeg/divx

3. System date and file dates not showing in same time zone

4. Q: beginner in Apache

5. I need help keeping the correct time

6. Where is tcp_bsd?

7. Clock doesn't keep the correct time on p-133

8. Setting default printer

9. time keeping correct

10. Linux won't keep correct time

11. how to set correct date and time on my linux box

12. Linux and correct date/time command

13. Crontab that sets correct date/time automatically (RedHat)