In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

Post by Larry W. Vird » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am searching for plugins for Netscape Navigator on a SPARC Solaris 2.5
system.  While any help would be appreciated, I am especially looking for
plugs for RealAudio, wav, and Shockwave files.

Surely I don't have to go out and buy an IBM PC running windows or a
just to be able to access sites which use these technologies.
--

:s <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> <*> O- "We are all Kosh."
:s Unless explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Fri, 23 Aug 1996 04:00:00

|I am searching for plugins for Netscape Navigator on a SPARC Solaris 2.5
|system.  While any help would be appreciated, I am especially looking for
|plugs for RealAudio, wav, and Shockwave files.

There's not many out there yet - the best list I've found is:
        http://browserwatch.iworld.com/plug-in-unix.html
and that lumps all UNIX flavors together and still only comes up
with 5 or 6 plugins released so far.

|Surely I don't have to go out and buy an IBM PC running windows or a
|just to be able to access sites which use these technologies.

That unfortunately is still where most of the market is and where the
developers go first.  (Fortunately, since we're supposed to support
Windows/NT at work I have a Pentium sitting on my desk that runs NT
and spends most of its time in Netscape while I get real work done on
the UNIX workstation next to it.)

The Open Computing Facility at the University of California at Berkeley

In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

Post by Arthur M. Kan » Sat, 24 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I haven't found a whole lot of support or actual plugins available for
the Unix platform.  I know that ReadAudio *does* support unix and their
plugin is freely available at http://www.realaudio.com.  I couldn't get
it to configure properly though.  If you do get it configured properly,
maybe you could drop me a line.

As for Shockwave, I believe it is available for the Unix platform, but I
don't know for sure.  Check around.  It shouldn't be too hard to find
out.

Arthur
--
KeepTabs, Inc.

Post by Joe Sim » Tue, 27 Aug 1996 04:00:00

: I haven't found a whole lot of support or actual plugins available for
: the Unix platform.  I know that ReadAudio *does* support unix and their
: plugin is freely available at http://www.realaudio.com.  I couldn't get
: it to configure properly though.  If you do get it configured properly,
: maybe you could drop me a line.
:

RealAudio doesn't do Solaris x86, does it?  It is only on the Sparc.  Does
anyone know of a good reason for this?

Joe Simao

In search of Solaris 2.5 Netscape Navigator 3.0 plug ins

Post by Gordon de la Mar » Wed, 28 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Well I too am having some wierd config problems with real-audio, or any
plug-in (eg Acrobat) with Netscape 3.0 on Solaris (2.4+Netscape 3.0 in
my case).
What I find is if I go to Options|General Preferences|Helpers and try
and edit an entry the "No Plug Ins" box is set and cannot be unset!
If anyone has some ideas around this I'd be gratefull.
Also found that since I went to Netscape 3.0 that Java's gone away too!
When I call any Java site I get a security volation at the site to which
I'm connected (noted via the Java console).
Any ideas on this too would be appreciated.
Could any respondee copy me direct as I'm travelling at the mom and not
pulling my newsgroups very regularly.

Cheers...Gordon

> : I haven't found a whole lot of support or actual plugins available for
> : the Unix platform.  I know that ReadAudio *does* support unix and their
> : plugin is freely available at http://www.realaudio.com.  I couldn't get
> : it to configure properly though.  If you do get it configured properly,
> : maybe you could drop me a line.
> :

> RealAudio doesn't do Solaris x86, does it?  It is only on the Sparc.  Does
> anyone know of a good reason for this?

> Joe Simao

Name:    Gordon de la Mare

Org:  :  Amdahl Corp - OES
Tel:     +44 1252 346364 or +1 408 737 5404
Fax:     +44 1252 334211 or +1 408 746 4933
V-mail:  +44 1252 346291 x19257 or
         +1 800 233 8489 x19257

1. how to use plug-ins in navigator-linux?

Hi,

I  have just installed navigator-linux from the ports tree of openbsd
3.0. but when I started the netscape, it shows up warning msg about some
plug-ins are not able to use with netscape. how can I add enable the
plug-ins with navigator-linux in openbsd 3.0?

Thanks
Sam

2. Emerald Systems SCSI Card

3. Netscape plug-ins on AIX 4

4. ppp trouble when not using minicom !

5. plug-ins netscape

6. mksysb

7. Netscape helpers and plug-ins, also java help

8. setting the time

9. List of plug-ins for linux/netscape please!

10. Netscape and Plug-ins

11. Netscape plug-ins

12. Acrobat Reader 4.0 MIME Type for Netscape plug-ins

13. netscape plug-ins