1. Netatalk, MS-Word/Excel 98 (Mac) conflicts
I've been using netatalk for a while. Currently I'm
trying to use our Linux-Server for MS-Word/Excel 98 (Macintosh)
workgroup templates. Until now we used a Macintosh as server for that
purpose and it worked (but gave trouble with too many users - therefore
the step to a Linux-Server).
Since we switched to Netatalk, only one person at the same time,
although users login as guest and have read-only access. Excel
documents/templates by the way cannot be opened from the server (copying
to the local Mac is possible).
Multiple read-access to a file is not the problem
with the server, "non-document or template" files (e.g.
ascii, html) could be open from different Macs in MS-Word at
the same time.
In the log-files, the problem with documents/template accesses
can be traced:
Feb 7 17:42:45 ihepchw2 afpd: afp_openfork: ad_open:
This occurs, since the systems variable "errno" is set while executing
ad_open.c, but I don't know why...
Does anyone have an idea about what to do?
Thanks very much and greetings,
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ Christian Fischer
_/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ Tel:
Institut fuer Hoechstfrequenztechnik
und Elektronik Fax: +49-721-691865
2. xinit: can't load library 'libXmu.so.6 <--what does it mean and how do i fx it?
3. Wanted : viewer(s) allowing Unix & VMS users to view MS Word/Excel/PP ??
4. DNS client under 2.2
5. Books about UNIX, Windows 95 & NT , MS word , excel and more...
6. how to parse all the junk in /var/log/messages??
7. MS Word/Excel -> Linux
8. Switching between KDE and GNOME
9. Problem with MS Apps Word/Excel
10. Netscape plugin for view/edit MS Word/Excel documents?
11. MS Word/Excel -> Linux
12. Program to view MS Word and/or Excel files on HP-UX?
13. PDF/PS Converters for MS word, Powerpoint, Excel, WordPerfect