Using cron to run an Ingres SQL script

Post by GUY FULLALOV » Fri, 28 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I have written a Korn shell script which will build an Ingres SQL script and
then run it.  When run from the command line, it works fine.  However, when
I try to get cron to run the script, it gets as far as the sql command and
then fails with a message of :

ERRGet Internal Message Not Found.

Can anyone help ?

Guy Fullalove

Post by Bruce Liebenber » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> I have written a Korn shell script which will build an Ingres SQL script and
> then run it.  When run from the command line, it works fine.  However, when
> I try to get cron to run the script, it gets as far as the sql command and
> then fails with a message of :

> ERRGet Internal Message Not Found.

> Can anyone help ?

> Guy Fullalove

Have you defined your Ingres environment in the script?  For example:

  II_SYSTEM=/ingres
  PATH=$PATH:/$II_SYSTEM/ingres/utility:/$II_SYSTEM/ingres/bin

I've found that running Ingres scripts from cron only work when the
Ingres
environment has been explicitly defined at the head of the script.

--

Metro Electricity
Johannesburg

Post by GUY FULLALOV » Sat, 29 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>Have you defined your Ingres environment in the script?  For example:

>  II_SYSTEM=/ingres
>  PATH=$PATH:/$II_SYSTEM/ingres/utility:/$II_SYSTEM/ingres/bin

>I've found that running Ingres scripts from cron only work when the
>Ingres
>environment has been explicitly defined at the head of the script.

>--

>Metro Electricity
>Johannesburg

No, I hadn't thought of that !  I did define the PATH variable, however !  I
will try this out and report back as to the success.

Thanks

Guy Fullalove