Raw volume or UFS for Oracle 9i on Sun cluster

Raw volume or UFS for Oracle 9i on Sun cluster

Post by newbi » Mon, 13 Mar 2006 03:03:30

Oracle 9i will'be installed on Sun cluster, is it necessary to install
Oracle9i on raw volume?
raw volume and UFS file system,which one is better to Database?

Thanks.

Raw volume or UFS for Oracle 9i on Sun cluster

Post by victorfeng1.. » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:14:31

Not necessary. But in order to run Oracle on Sun cluster, one oracle
file has to be installed on raw volume.  If rest of Oracle including
software and data files stay with raw volume, database will run faster,
as you know.

Victor

Raw volume or UFS for Oracle 9i on Sun cluster

Post by newbi » Tue, 21 Mar 2006 11:28:14

Thanks for your help.

Quote:> Not necessary. But in order to run Oracle on Sun cluster, one oracle
> file has to be installed on raw volume.  If rest of Oracle including
> software and data files stay with raw volume, database will run faster,
> as you know.

> Victor

1. Can't database files of Oracle 9i be set up on raw volume device?

The Oracle 9i installer displayed it can't be written when I set up database
files on /dev/md/rdsk/d1 or /dev/md/dsk/d1.

$ showrev
Hostname: sun01
Hostid: 83f6d985
Release: 5.9
Kernel architecture: sun4u
Application architecture: sparc
Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems
Domain: amkor.com.cn
Kernel version: SunOS 5.9 Generic 117171-07 Jun 2004

how to fix the issue?

Thanks.

2. Netscape 6 - Fonts look like hell.

3. Oracle 9i and sun cluster 3.0

4. Writers wanted for Inside Solaris Journal

5. SUN Cluster mount Veritas Volume as raw-device

6. time to switch to lpRNG?

7. Oracle+Sun cluster 3.0+Raw Devices

8. Ok, I give up

9. Oracle 9i on Solaris 8 w/ VxVM - UFS logging?

10. Oracle 9i for Linux Cluster Question

11. FA: Oracle 9i AS Release 1.0.2.2 for Sun SPARC

12. FA: Oracle 9i Release 9.0.1 for Sun SPARC Solaris

13. AIX 5L Oracle 8.1.7, Oracle 9i and HACMP 4.5