oO~~ solaris 8 installation ~~ Oo

Post by hellother » Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:47:03

Hi...
  This is the first time am installing solaris,. For past 24 hours have been
trying to install solaris 8 on HP netserver LP 2000r.

I think i have landed up with a driver problem....I have XP on it and don't
care about whether it stays there or not..i just wanna try solaris.

Steps that i have tried

1. downloaded the latest dca from
http://soldc.sun.com/support/drivers/dca_diskettes/#S8
  with scsi drivers from
http://www.lsilogic.com/support/support+drivers/scsi/solaris.html

system used to hang just after jumpstart installation lines...kernel/unix
etc etc...

2. downloaded a sortof beta dca from
http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/xprod-Solaris_...
lDrivers&nav=pub-patches and didn't use the previously downloaded scsi
drivers as it used to also hang my system at teh time where it fetches
driver for ata.... later saw that another driver for the same has been
already incoporated in this beta dca...so used this dca only and finally it
recognized all my drives but hanged giving ata_id_common....BUSY....am damn
sure that this is a driver problem...please prove me wrong by giving a
fruitful solution.... :)

Thanks in advance....

oO~~ solaris 8 installation ~~ Oo

Post by hellother » Tue, 18 Jun 2002 16:39:17

All the people having this problem...imho...if all this installation is for
learning unix etc etc....shift to red hat linux....it just loaded without
any hitch...

I have had it with solaris for sometime now...but will return after a month
or so.....maybe..by then..they themselves would have sorted out their
installation and driver support.. :)

Quote:> Hi...
>   This is the first time am installing solaris,. For past 24 hours have
been
> trying to install solaris 8 on HP netserver LP 2000r.

> I think i have landed up with a driver problem....I have XP on it and
don't
> care about whether it stays there or not..i just wanna try solaris.

> Steps that i have tried

> 1. downloaded the latest dca from
> http://soldc.sun.com/support/drivers/dca_diskettes/#S8
>   with scsi drivers from
> http://www.lsilogic.com/support/support+drivers/scsi/solaris.html

> system used to hang just after jumpstart installation lines...kernel/unix
> etc etc...

> 2. downloaded a sortof beta dca from

http://sunsolve.sun.com/pub-cgi/show.pl?target=patches/xprod-Solaris_...

Quote:> lDrivers&nav=pub-patches and didn't use the previously downloaded scsi