couple simple questions

Post by ing.. » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I have just a few simple questions.  First, how do I monitor cpu
utilization on my Solaris box?  Second, I added a route using route add
-net x.x.x.x x.x.x.x and it's not taking effect.  But it does show up in
the route table properly using netstat -r.  Thanks.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

couple simple questions

Post by Barry Margoli » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>I have just a few simple questions.  First, how do I monitor cpu
>utilization on my Solaris box?  Second, I added a route using route add

Get the "top" program.

Quote:>-net x.x.x.x x.x.x.x and it's not taking effect.  But it does show up in
>the route table properly using netstat -r.  Thanks.

Is the next-hop address on a directly-connected subnet?  Solaris won't
perform recursive route lookup, so the second x.x.x.x has to be in the same
subnet as one of your interfaces.

couple simple questions

Post by Jeff Dillo » Fri, 20 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> >I have just a few simple questions.  First, how do I monitor cpu
> >utilization on my Solaris box?  Second, I added a route using route add

You should already have vmstat or iostat which will give psr info.

Jeff Dillon

1. A couple simple questions

I may be alble to hel pwith minicom.  I had a similar problem until i
went into the configuration screen for file transfer. Thsi msut be done
as root.  The eaiest way i is to  go root and then start minicom with the
configure option (it may be -c, you can double check with the man page to
make sure...)

Once in config mode, go to the file transfer config menu and remove the
flags from sz and rz (and/or any other prtocol you use.)

In my version fo minicom at least, it comes configured for different
versions of these transfer protocol programs then came with my Linux
distribution.

Hope that helps!

Jeff Kesselman

2. Zoom modem 34I+

3. A couple simple questions about Linux

4. 82801BA/BAM sound card

5. A couple simple questions

6. First Linux Installation: Help

7. Andrew -- Anyone field a couple of simple questions?

8. Problems with term (more info)

9. Need Answer to a couple of simple questions...

10. A couple of simple previously answered (but missed) questions

11. Newbie : a couple of simple questions.

12. Couple of simple setup questions....

13. Couple of simple questions