need help in Postfix --- I can't let see my my domain name and the IP.

need help in Postfix --- I can't let see my my domain name and the IP.

Post by postfix need hel » Fri, 09 Mar 2001 13:30:21

reason:

I did not wish to be target by giving out my domain name at this stage
because my domain is under development.

if you telnet www.abc1.com ( e.g example)  with port 110/ 25  is connected
to LinUx RED hat 6.0 mail server.

my linksys router is forwarding   email  to linux 6.0 192.168.1.15.

my relayhost is my linux mail server, mx is correct and is pointed by
zoneedit.com.

BUT MAIL IS at the doorway and can't deliver into the mail server and
eventally read by Outlook express.

error message:
===========
The email address(es) you have sent to is invalid (user unknown).
Please check the email address(es) and resend again.

203.xxx.yyy.96 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 554 <imsm031.isp.com [208.167.231.149]>: Client host
rejected: Access denied
Giving up on 203.xxx.yyy.96.

  by imsm031.ISP.com with SMTP; 7 Mar 2001 16:29:24 -0000

Subject: aaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 00:20:01 +0800

my postconf:

2bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
access_map_reject_code = 554
alias_database = hash:/etc/aliases
alias_maps = hash:/etc/aliases
allow_mail_to_commands = alias,forward
allow_mail_to_files = alias,forward
allow_min_user = no
allow_percent_hack = yes
allow_untrusted_routing = no
always_bcc =
append_at_myorigin = yes
append_dot_mydomain = no
best_mx_transport =
biff = no
bounce_notice_recipient = postmaster
bounce_size_limit = 50000
canonical_maps =
command_directory = /usr/sbin
command_expansion_filter =

command_time_limit = 1000
daemon_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
daemon_timeout = 18000
debug_peer_level = 2
debug_peer_list =
default_database_type = hash
default_destination_recipient_limit = 50
default_privs = nobody
default_process_limit = 10
default_transport = smtp
defer_transports =
delay_notice_recipient = postmaster
delay_warning_time = 0
deliver_lock_attempts = 5
deliver_lock_delay = 1
disable_dns_lookups = no
disable_vrfy_command = no
dont_remove = 0
double_bounce_sender = double-bounce
duplicate_filter_limit = 1000
empty_address_recipient = MAILER-DAEMON
error_notice_recipient = postmaster
expand_owner_alias = no
fallback_relay =
fallback_transport =
fork_attempts = 5
fork_delay = 1
forward_expansion_filter =

forward_path =
$home/.forward${recipient_delimiter}${extension},$home/.forward
hash_queue_depth = 2
hash_queue_names = defer
header_checks =
header_size_limit = 102400
home_mailbox =
hopcount_limit = 50
ignore_mx_lookup_error = no
inet_interfaces = $myhostname
initial_destination_concurrency = 5
invalid_hostname_reject_code = 501
ipc_idle = 100
ipc_timeout = 3600
line_length_limit = 998
local_command_shell =
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
local_destination_recipient_limit = 1
local_recipient_maps =
local_transport = local
luser_relay =
mail_name = Postfix
mail_owner = postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mail_version = Postfix-19991231-pl04
mailbox_command =
mailbox_transport =
maps_rbl_domains = rbl.maps.vix.com
maps_rbl_reject_code = 554
masquerade_domains =
masquerade_exceptions =
max_idle = 100
max_use = 100
maximal_backoff_time = 4000
maximal_queue_lifetime = 5
message_size_limit = 10240000
minimal_backoff_time = 1000
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost.$mydomain, $mydomain,
server1.abc1.com, localhost
mydomain = abc1.com
myhostname = server1.abc1.com.
mynetworks = 127.0.0.0/8 192.168.1.0/24
myorigin = $myhostname
non_fqdn_reject_code = 504
notify_classes = resource,software
owner_request_special = yes
prepend_delivered_header = command, file, forward
process_id_directory = pid
program_directory = /usr/lib/postfix
propagate_unmatched_extensions = canonical, virtual
qmgr_fudge_factor = 100
qmgr_message_active_limit = 1000
qmgr_message_recipient_limit = 10000
qmgr_site_hog_factor = 90
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
queue_minfree = 0
queue_run_delay = 1000
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_canonical
recipient_delimiter =
reject_code = 554
relay_domains = $mydestination
relay_domains_reject_code = 554
relayhost = $mydomain
relocated_maps =
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
service_throttle_time = 60
smtp_connect_timeout = 0
smtp_data_done_timeout = 600
smtp_data_init_timeout = 120
smtp_data_xfer_timeout = 180
smtp_destination_concurrency_limit = $default_destination_concurrency_limit
smtp_destination_recipient_limit = $default_destination_recipient_limit
smtp_helo_timeout = 300
smtp_mail_timeout = 300
smtp_quit_timeout = 300
smtp_rcpt_timeout = 300
smtp_skip_4xx_greeting = no
smtp_skip_quit_response = yes
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name
smtpd_client_restrictions = check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access,
permit_mynetworks, reject_unknown_client, reject
smtpd_delay_reject = yes
smtpd_error_sleep_time = 5
smtpd_etrn_restrictions =
smtpd_hard_error_limit = 100
smtpd_helo_required = no
smtpd_helo_restrictions =
smtpd_recipient_limit = 1000
smtpd_recipient_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,check_relay_domains
smtpd_restriction_classes =
smtpd_sender_restrictions =
smtpd_soft_error_limit = 10
smtpd_timeout = 300
soft_bounce = no
stale_lock_time = 500
strict_rfc821_envelopes = no
sun_mailtool_compatibility = no
swap_bangpath = yes
transport_retry_time = 60
trigger_timeout = 10
unknown_address_reject_code = 450
unknown_client_reject_code = 450
unknown_hostname_reject_code = 450
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtual

I would like help to seek out my mistake!!!!!!!!

thanks!

Jenny.

1. Postfix MTA...need help (virtual domains)

Well, I've read the docs and the virtual man pages...which are pretty
good.  but i'm still not able to make it work.  I have
/etc/postfix/virtual which looks like this:

netpackrat.com                  anything

and in /etc/postfix/main.cf I have tried using:

mydestination = $myhostname localhost.$mydomain $mydomain virtual

and tried NOT using it.  At all times I restarted postfix and init.d,
and even tried rebooting the machine to make changes take effect.  I've
tried running "postmap virtual" and created virtual.db even though I
don't know what it does.

Anyway - mail to my machine runs fine.  Mail to any of the virtual
hosts bounce with "does not like recipient. Remote host said: 554:
Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied"

I've tried to follow the documentation with no luck.  What am I
missing?

Thanks...

2. ICMP Redirect

3. Help needed with NameD and multiple Domain names.

4. Gnome or KDE

5. Set up 'named' to map domain to ip alias

6. Connect PC like consol serial

7. Do I need to restart 'named' after adding domain(s)

8. SSI under apache 1.3.9

9. how to change domain name, host name, ip address

10. mail server behind router port forwarding 25 domain static ip postfix lonux

11. how can a machine has both a real domain name and a bogus domain name?

12. NIS domain names and DNS domain names not matching.

13. IP numbers don't replace DNS domain names