Q: POP3 Client for Solaris

Post by Holger Burd » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Hi;

I am searching for sources for an POP3 Clients which is able to store
more than one 'provider' profile. Any suggestions
which client does this (must deal with mime and attachments also). The
only one i found till now is the KDE MUA - but i don' t want to install
the whole KDE stuff .

Thanks in advance

hb
UNIX SysAdmin - BCI GmbH

Q: POP3 Client for Solaris

Post by raule.. » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

: Hi;

: I am searching for sources for an POP3 Clients which is able to store
: more than one 'provider' profile. Any suggestions
: which client does this (must deal with mime and attachments also). The
: only one i found till now is the KDE MUA - but i don' t want to install
: the whole KDE stuff .

Try fetchmail at http://sagan.earthspace.net/~esr/fetchmail/ ... it
is "simply" a popper that delivers email via sendmail. You can then
use any mail user agent to read your mail. And then use sendmail to
deliver it normally. I use it with ISPs....but it will store more than
one provider profile.

-Rich Auletta

Q: POP3 Client for Solaris

Post by Randy Jon » Thu, 19 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>: Hi;

>: I am searching for sources for an POP3 Clients which is able to store
>: more than one 'provider' profile. Any suggestions
>: which client does this (must deal with mime and attachments also). The
>: only one i found till now is the KDE MUA - but i don' t want to install
>: the whole KDE stuff .

> Try fetchmail at http://sagan.earthspace.net/~esr/fetchmail/ ... it
> is "simply" a popper that delivers email via sendmail. You can then
> use any mail user agent to read your mail. And then use sendmail to
> deliver it normally. I use it with ISPs....but it will store more than
> one provider profile.

> -Rich Auletta

check out xfmail at
http://burka.netvision.net.il/xfmail/xfmail.html