Hot spare when both submirrors fails (DiskSuite 4.2)?

Hot spare when both submirrors fails (DiskSuite 4.2)?

Post by andreas.almr.. » Tue, 07 Dec 1999 04:00:00

G'day netfolks,

Yet another question from me...

I'm currently installing a mirrored device using two submirrors.
The submirrors reside on different disks och different controllers,
with a hot spare pool on a third disk on a third controller.

My question is simple;
Let's say the the second submirror fails, the system automatically
allocates a hot spare slice for it.
Well, if the first submirror fails at this point to (well let's
say an hour after the hot spare slice is allocated and synchronised),
will the mirror fail, or is the system now running the show on the
hot spare only?
What I'm asking, can both submirrors fail when using hot spare pool?
And second, will the mirror come back up, when I replace the faulty
submirrors?

Any information or pointers on this topic is greatly appriciated.

Regards,
Andreas Almroth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Disksuite - Removing a Hot spare

How do you go about removing a hot spare which is in use ?
i.e. Disassociating it from the submirror that it is now
part of.

I basically want to return the disk to it's associated Hot Spare
pool, detach the submirror it was part of, and then build a new
submirror from some spare disks.

N.B. I don't want to use the spare disks as Hot spares.

Thanks a lot.

2. Block Http-tunnel in squid

3. DiskSuite + Hot Spare

4. Floppy problems using volume manager on SS20?

5. DiskSuite hot spare trouble

6. PROVEN MONEY MAKING OPPORTUNITY

7. DiskSuite Hot Spares and Filesystem Layout

8. DOS 6.0 Interlnk->Linux???

9. DiskSuite 4.1 to DiskSuite 4.2

10. Booting from submirror - DiskSuite

11. Inconsistent UFS Filesystem after DiskSuite write error on submirror

12. Problems with Disksuite - Can't delete mirror/submirrors

13. Can hot spare be added after metadevices were created ?