solarisx86 & netscape stall problem

Post by Jake Hamb » Tue, 08 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I also recommend the Solaris/x86 mailing list.  But in your case, the
problem is simple:  "ring buffer full" means your computer is not fast
enough to keep up with the PPP speed.  You probably don't want to lower
the baud rate any more than it is, so my next guess is that you
installed Driver Update 7 ??  If so, the serial driver (asy) is buggy
and disables the FIFO buffer in your 16550 UART, which will flood your
machine with interrupts compared to enabling the FIFO (it was too much
for my 486 to handle).  I strongly suggest you upgrade to DU8 (available
at http://access1.sun.com).  That should fix your problem!

Cheers,
Jake

Post by Supak Lailer » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

[...]

Post by Blanche Coh » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

In a previous message Supak mentioned an x86 mailing list. Altho I could
ask in email, I decided more people here would be interested. I didn't
know about the list, altho I should have expected one existed.

More info, please?

thanks

--
Unsolicited Email of a commercial nature delivered to this address is
subject to a $500 charge. Emailing such items, whether automatically

1. linux ppp slow rh6.1 & netscape stall

Apparently the fix for this is to use the "novj" option for pppd. This
is done in kde using the "setop"
menu in the Kppp dialer, then "pppd arguments".
Seems to fix the problem on my machine, but can't be entirely sure, due
the the unpredictable-intermittent
nature of the problem. See man page for pppd for what you're actually
doing here.

--
Peter Reiner

2. How best to handle authentication over two machines?

3. Apache problem ? Netscape stalls

4. Gcc 2.7.2.3 on Solaris 2.6 intel ?

5. netscape for solarisx86

6. Repeated lockups caused by ext3?

7. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

8. Status of 128 MB swap partition limit

9. SolarisX86 & dtterm

10. PDF & SolarisX86

11. SolarisX86 & Burnt CDs

12. Stall-man is Stall-ing