Assigning a default interface

Post by Bob Dunmir » Fri, 13 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Can anyone instruct me on how to assign the default interface. I'm using
an Sun Ultra-1 running Solaris 2.5, and ifconfig shows:

lo0: flags=849<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 8232
hme0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
le0: flags=863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

It use to be that le0 was listed before hme0 and was the default
interface, but something I did over the last few days now has hme0 as
the default. Anyone know how I can make le0 default again?

Replies directly to my email addr would be much appreaciated.

--

Titan Client/Server Technologies                (V) (619) 552-9594
3033 Science Park Rd, San Diego CA 92121        (F) (619) 552-9854

1. Two interfaces: Set default default route?

OK, I have two interfaces, one slow, one fast.  I want to use the fast
one as the default (obviously), but I need to have the other one
available for some people that can only reach me through that one.
How can I tell the machine to use the fast one by default.  Am I
correct in saying that if I nix the default route for the slow
connection that people from the slow net that are not on the same
subnet would not be able to contact me?

Thanks!

--Dan

2. Install 2.5.1 on a SC2000

3. Default Route always sets default interface

4. AGP Video driver

5. How to assign the default Gateway

6. Allocating LARGE amounts of memory on an HP...?

7. I can't assign a Default Gateway :(

8. new thread on err 74 ?

9. does anyone know how to assign a Default gateway using Solaris 2.6 DHCP server ?

10. PPP connection not assigning ip address & default route

11. how to assign default programs to icons

12. PPP assigns incorrect default gateway

13. diald w/dynamic not assigning default route