Need a .vda SUNWaccel file for my NEC monitor

Need a .vda SUNWaccel file for my NEC monitor

Post by Benjamin THOMA » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi !

I'm running Solaris 7 on a x86 config, and I picked up the video driver
for
my Matrox MGA G200 card on Sun's web site.
Fine.
I do know that I can go up to 1280x1024x16M because I have NT (yes I
know,
sorry but I have to... ;-)  running in dual boot on the same machine.

However, I'm stuck at 1024x768x256 because of my NEC MultiSync XV17
monitor,
which does not seem to be happy with "regular" mfreq .vda files.
And it is not easy to "translate" the monitor description in the NT
config
into something useful.

I crawled the web for a while looking for that info, but nowhere I found

anything about .vda files.
Is there anyone out there with some hints ? (Well, the actual .vda file
would be better, but hey, *something* would be a start...)

Thanks for your help,

                         Benjamin

--

Post by Philip Bro » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>However, I'm stuck at 1024x768x256 because of my NEC MultiSync XV17
>monitor,
>which does not seem to be happy with "regular" mfreq .vda files.
>And it is not easy to "translate" the monitor description in the NT
>config into something useful.

how many did you try?

Also: sometimes its a combination of the card+monitor, not just the
monitor.
After giving up on Xsun and my GDM17E10.. I changed graphics card, updated
to solaris 8.... and suddenly, I could use monitor definitions that I
previously thought incompatible with my monitor.

The word of the day is mispergitude

1. Need a .vda SUNWaccel file for my NEC monitor

Sorry for my coming back so late on the subject.
I summarize: I have an x86 config, with a Matrox MGA G200 video card,
and a NEC MultiSync XV17 (not a "plus" one) monitor:
 - booting NT/Win 95, I can use 1280x1024x16M resolution, without any
   trouble.
 - but booting Solaris 7 and using kdmconfig, I cannot reach such
   resolution with the "regular" mfreq .vda files. I am limited
   to 1024x768x256 !!!

I found no information about the .vda files on the web; I tried to
hack one from scratch, using the info gathered in my NT config,
unsuccessfully.

Then I posted on 24/04.

I admit I did not try all of them, but long is the list and a bit poor
is the kdmconfig GUI...
However I cannot afford changing anything today - except the file
describing the hardware characteristics of my monitor ! ;-)

2. Help me to uncompress

3. XF86Free config file needed for Cirrus logic CL-5428 w/1M and NEC XV15+ monitor

4. Usenix Conference Proceedings

5. Metro-X and .vda files

6. Booting Linux from DOS 6.2 Multi-Boot...

7. Needed xf86config script for s3 trio 32 nec xv15 monitor

8. Non-Root users Can't Use X

9. Need XConfig for S3 Trio64 with NEC Multi-Sync XV17 Monitor

10. NEED info on NEC/Multisync 2 monitor

11. need monitor record for NEC-6FG

12. XFree86-3.1.2 Need NEC 4FGe Monitor and Stealth 64 VRAM PCI Config

13. Xconfig file for NEC 3V monitor in Linux