TCP Wrapper binaries for Solaris 2.5

Post by Brian K. Walte » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone have the compiled binaries for the TCP Wrapper program for Solaris
2.5.  I have a Sparc 10 running Solaris 2.5 on the outside of a firewall that
I'm going to use for various things...it will pretty  much be a sacrificial
lamb but I wanted to add some additional security to it with the TCP Wrapper
program.. I can't seem to get it too compile.  I am not sure what I am doing
wrong or how to debug the problems because I am new to Solaris and pretty new
to UNIX also...so if anyone has already compiled tcpwrapper for solaris2.5 or
know where I can get them from I would appreciate it..

thanks..

Post by Super-Us » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Does anyone have the compiled binaries for the TCP Wrapper program for Solaris
: 2.5.  I have a Sparc 10 running Solaris 2.5 on the outside of a firewall that
: I'm going to use for various things...it will pretty  much be a sacrificial
: lamb but I wanted to add some additional security to it with the TCP Wrapper
: program.. I can't seem to get it too compile.  I am not sure what I am doing
: wrong or how to debug the problems because I am new to Solaris and pretty new
: to UNIX also...so if anyone has already compiled tcpwrapper for solaris2.5 or
: know where I can get them from I would appreciate it..

Yup, I've made a src and bin version available on Solaris 2.5 x86 platform.
It's available from ftp://ftp.jetlink.net/pub/unix/x86Solaris

All you need to do is <make clean> and then <make> to generate a
SPARC version and install it.

Wes
ICON

1. tcp wrapper logging on Solaris 2.5

I recently configured tcp wrappers on Solaris 2.5 and the logging doesn't
seem to work.  I worked around this to some extent by placing my own logging
commands in /etc/hosts.allow and hosts.deny.  However, some of the most
interesting events still go unlogged (e.g. when compiled with the PARANOID
feature, packets from hosts that fail the reverse name lookup are rejected
even before consulting the access tables).  I read somewhere in the
documentation that the logging required the m4 macro processor, which is
only installed with the developer tools.

My questions are, what the heck's an m4 macro processor, and do I *really*
need one?  Could I send the log messages to another host?  ( We have a
Digital Unix 4.0B machine where the tcp wrapper logging works just fine.)

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.
Bill Lupton

2. Help needed with DHCP client setup (@home)

3. Solaris 2.5 and TCP wrappers - need to block access

4. FOLLOWUP: Problem solved with networking code

5. Solaris 2.5 and TCP wrappers - need to block acces

6. PPP Problems!

7. Solaris Binaries for TCP Wrappers

8. Linux and a asus P55TP4XE motherboard...

9. tcp wrappers (TCP/IP daemon wrapper)

10. TCP Wrapper binary

11. TCP Wrappers in Binary Format

12. FS: Solaris 2.5 Desktop (CDE) and/or Solaris 2.5 Server Packages for x86 desktops

13. gnu gcc comipler binaries for solaris 2.5?