pakaging problem

Post by Sandeep M. Yelwatka » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi,
    I have a problem with packaging on solaris.
    I want to set the BASEDIR parameter such that when user gives the
preferred location it should install the package in the set directory.
In case the user doesn't specify and base dir during installation it
should install in /opt/
I tried doing this using request scripts, where I ask the user for the
BASEDIR. however this does not work.
Any suggesstion

Thanks in advance
sandeep.

pakaging problem

Post by Pete Howel » Wed, 03 May 2000 04:00:00

Just set BASEDIR=/opt in the pkginfo file.  This can be overwritten by the
user when installing.

Regards,

Pete Howell

>Hi,
>    I have a problem with packaging on solaris.
>    I want to set the BASEDIR parameter such that when user gives the
>preferred location it should install the package in the set directory.
>In case the user doesn't specify and base dir during installation it
>should install in /opt/
>I tried doing this using request scripts, where I ask the user for the
>BASEDIR. however this does not work.
>Any suggesstion

>Thanks in advance
>sandeep.

1. non root privileges, sudo, removing pakages

If you're talking about simple programs such as gcc, all you need to
have to excecute them is the right file permissions. If it's owned by
root and has permissions rwxr--r--, change them to rwx-r-xr-x to be
world executable. Natually, don't do this on programs such as passwd.

pkgrm <pkgname>

Example:

   pkginfo |grep sudo
   XYZsudo

   pkgrm XYZsudo

Hope this helps.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Gnome network security?

3. Pakage ibcs2 and Xenix286

4. /dev/MAKEDEV

5. Paging Pakage for Solaris

6. NFS2

7. Where can I find the installed Patches and Pakages.

8. Compiling the redhat kernel.

9. YDL2.0 chokes on "Pakage Install"

10. Pakages!!!!

11. How can I install pakage into my solaris 2.5.1

12. non root privileges, sudo, removing pakages

13. SNMP pakages for freebsd??