finding detailed descrip of exact Solaris boot up order

finding detailed descrip of exact Solaris boot up order

Post by Andrew Gabri » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>I have been having some problems with /usr not mounting upon boot (the
>initial phase where it mounts it read-only) and in trying to
>fix/research that, I found I could no longer find any detailed
>documentation on the boot order.  The man pages for boot start out
>with some good solid info on sparc and x68 boot process but after
>talking about /sbin/init  that pages drop sparc and go on with some
>very good and detailed boot sequence and command info on the x86
>platform.  The few files from that section I looked for on my Sparc
>were not present, so they are different enough that the info is not
>useful.

>Does anyone know where, in an infodoc or in the answerbooks (or
>another man page I missed) I can get this info.  What I am currently

Have a look at /etc/rcS.d/README, /etc/rcS, and /etc/rcS.d

--
Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

1. FreeBSD ISO's - Can someone give exact details whats in each ?

Hi all,

I am new to FreeBSD and was about to D/L the ISO's and burn them to CD

I know that the FreeBSD 4.4 Install ISO contains the Install stuff and main
packages.

Can someone tell me or point me to a web page that lists exactly what's in
the other ISO CD's?

eg:
FreeBSD 4.4 Disc 2 ISO
FreeBSD 4.4 Disc 3 ISO
FreeBSD 4.4 Disc 4 ISO

TIA

Titan

2. gigabit lan adapter suggestion for x86_64 (kerner 2.6)

3. Shape Ups,Men's Shape Ups,Men's Skechers Shape Ups - new styles!

4. 3c590 configuration almost...

5. Needed: Details on working UPS/Deamon shutdown systems.

6. Debug kernel

7. Booting Solaris makes UPS become nervous!

8. Admintool & adding new user?

9. How to use boot magic on order to boot Red Hat or Windows 98

10. copying / cloning a system disk, can't find an exact answer.

11. Why does code fail to find *exact* amouut of RAM??

12. Newbie: Finding An Exact Substring Match In A File ???

13. Find exact creation time of a process; not kill a wrong process