keyboard on a Server v210

Post by edad » Thu, 08 Jul 2004 21:01:51

Hi

I just got Solaris Server 210 with Solaris 9 preinstalled.

I got the screen working but it does NOT recoginize the
keyboard I have attached to the USB port 0.

Well, it says the key board is attached when the first
boot message comes up. But when I press the keyboard later at the
login nothing happens.

How can I make the keyboad functioning. I use standard PC USB
keyboard.

Regards

Erling

keyboard on a Server v210

Post by Mothr » Thu, 08 Jul 2004 22:50:47

> Hi

> I just got Solaris Server 210 with Solaris 9 preinstalled.

> I got the screen working but it does NOT recoginize the
> keyboard I have attached to the USB port 0.

> Well, it says the key board is attached when the first
> boot message comes up. But when I press the keyboard later at the
> login nothing happens.

> How can I make the keyboad functioning. I use standard PC USB
> keyboard.

Have you tried using a Sun USB keyboard?  Have you checked the dipswitch
settings on your "standard PC USB keyboard"?  The Sun keyboards are
configured as follows:

1 OFF
2 OFF
3 ON
4 OFF
5 ON
6 ON
7 ON
8 OFF

Also, have you checked that "input-device" is set to "keyboard" in your OBP?

1. How does keyboard input transmit from keyboard of X Server to application?

As ask in subject, anybody could explain or direct me to get some doc?

I have studied few days about this question, but I can't find a good and clear doc to describe the principal. I had known that X Server translates scancode to keycode, then keycode is translated to keysym. The further questions are:
1. Is there any table for scancode and keycode translation? Can I list it out by any util?(Can xmodmap?)
2. How does xterm translate key input and pass it to the application? How the relationship is between xterm and termcap/terminfo?

Thanks,

Modemer

Linux Programmer's Site

2. unrecognized cdrom

3. strange Sun Fire V210 disk controller

4. Linux: Lots Good, Some Bad

5. V210 and 420R

6. stream video server

7. SunFire-V210 and disk size...

8. pppd doesn't work with mgetty HELP

9. Migration Strategy - E250 Solaris 2.6 -> V210 Solaris 9

10. linux & v210

11. v210 not accepting GARP

12. strange "uname -v" output on Sun Fire V210

13. adapter coming with v210 &v240