CDE mailer sends external mail, but mail doesn't

CDE mailer sends external mail, but mail doesn't

Post by Harry Boswe » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 06:30:56

I'm running Solaris 2.6.  If I use the CDE mailer, I can send email
to an account external to my Sun box.  But if I use regular Unix mail to
send to the same account, I get a "host not found" message.  I thought
both of these basically sat on top of sendmail, but apparently not???

Thanks for any help,
Harry Boswell

Post by gary drummon » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 04:04:12

> I'm running Solaris 2.6.  If I use the CDE mailer, I can send email
> to an account external to my Sun box.  But if I use regular Unix mail to
> send to the same account, I get a "host not found" message.  I thought
> both of these basically sat on top of sendmail, but apparently not???

> Thanks for any help,
> Harry Boswell

mailx doesn't use sendmail or the sendmail.cf I believe. Check the
.cf file and the other files used by sendmail (resolv.conf, aliases,...)

Gary

1. mail program doesn't send mail

Hi,

This is my first contact with this group, hello to everybody!!

I am trying to use AIX 'mail' command and it doesn't send mails
out the box, just within itself. I was told that the previus
administrador of this RS6000 might have modified 'sendmail.cf'.

In what part of this file it is configured the routing of mail
outgoing out of the system?

Thanks in advance

 Ignacio Garcia Ayesta

 BILBAO -SPAIN-

2. compaq evo 115 & linux

3. Can send mail out but can't send mail in?

4. Understanding Usenet Maps

5. Using mail/Mail to send HTML mail via SMTP

6. odd shutdown message during bootup

7. mail-command in crontab (Don't send empty mails)

8. Limiting the number of user processes

9. Pine can't send mail, mail can !?

10. mail works Mail doesn't

11. in.pop3d and macintoshes - save mail on server doesn't flag the mail as read

12. Elm doesn't send mails correct

13. BADUSSER CHANNEL in MMDF sometimes doesn't sends mail