Want to know the address space map details of solaris

Want to know the address space map details of solaris

Post by arun » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 00:17:18

I want to know the address space mapping of a process. i.e, how the
stack, heap, shared memory data regions of a process are mapped with the

physical address. Please let me know where can I get complete details on

the address space mapping in solaris.

Thanks,
Arun.

Want to know the address space map details of solaris

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 01:23:25

>I want to know the address space mapping of a process. i.e, how the
>stack, heap, shared memory data regions of a process are mapped with the
>physical address. Please let me know where can I get complete details on
>the address space mapping in solaris.

Physical?  Well, that's information that is both not useful and
very variable across platforms.

I think you mean virtual?  To find out how the memory map is shaped,
use the "pmap" command.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Post by Darren Dunha » Thu, 27 Sep 2001 05:53:45

> I want to know the address space mapping of a process. i.e, how the
> stack, heap, shared memory data regions of a process are mapped with the
> physical address. Please let me know where can I get complete details on
> the address space mapping in solaris.

You might examine the "Solaris Internals" book by Mauro and McDougall.

          < How are you gentlemen!! Take off every '.SIG'!! >

Want to know the address space map details of solaris

Post by Geoff La » Fri, 28 Sep 2001 19:01:47

Quote:> I want to know the address space mapping of a process. i.e, how the
> stack, heap, shared memory data regions of a process are mapped with the
> physical address. Please let me know where can I get complete details on
> the address space mapping in solaris.

man pmap

--
/\ Geoff. Lane. /\ Manchester Computing /\ Manchester /\ M13 9PL /\ England /\

If we left the bones out it wouldn't be crunchy.

1. What is a single address space & multi address space?

I have no idea about the single address space.. and multi address
space..

these terms are uttered frequently ..

What are these.. ? and What's the difference between single and multi
address space...

Please let me know these..

thank you for answering beforehand. ..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. UNIX SUPPLIER LIST is needed

3. instructions from non-mapped address spaces?

4. rxvt can't use xfs fonts

5. How to map user addresses into kernel space?

6. Re. How to mount floppy drive in UNIX?

7. HELP: mapping controller-memory to sys.vir.-address-space

8. Question on UNIX domain sockets

9. Amature wants to know HD space

10. Mapping address spaces in adb

11. Help On Address Space Map of a Process

12. mapping shared mem segments in kernel address space.

13. Queries on address space mapping