: Benchmark program for Solaris x86 2.4?

: Benchmark program for Solaris x86 2.4?

Post by Rashpal Sin » Mon, 26 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Where can I find a program to benchmark Solaris x86 2.4?

Thanks in advance.

: Benchmark program for Solaris x86 2.4?

Post by Grant D. Pea » Thu, 29 Feb 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Where can I find a program to benchmark Solaris x86 2.4?

A general UNIX benchmark is Byte magazines byte-unixbench
To test your disk: iozone
To test your X-server: x11perf or xbench

1. ix Review Solaris 2.4 x86 - Linux 1.1 4x faster Multi User Benchmarks

Having spent a depressing few hours looking at all the latest Solaris 2.4,
bugs and patches, and broken patches....

Is it Sys V rel 4 thats slow and unreliable, or have Sun broken it?

In the multi-user benchmarks, Linux with a load of 16 Users was faster than
Solaris 2 with 4.   Presumably Sun can sell more MP machines, more memory, more ...

Ok, so Linux has less functionality, but what about all those much vaunted
performance improvements?   Sun says Solaris 2 is faster than SunOS 4, which
seems to be very dubious, considering the woes of those out there with 16MB RAM.

It's not funny anymore..    Does anyone acutally like Solaris2?

-- Rob

              And me with a pain in all the diodes down my left side

2. configuring a cable modem connection

3. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

4. Fried Motif

5. Free-/share-ware programs for Solaris x86 2.4

6. Question: starting a visual program on AIX server from remote, non-graphics terminal

7. Looking for Web Sever Program for Solaris 2.4 for x86

8. Install Linux on large harddrive

9. PPP on Solaris 2.4 for Sparc, Matrox PCI Millenium Card under Solaris 2.5 x86

10. Solaris 2.4 x86: How to sync Solaris and CMOS time?

11. moving from SPARC solaris 2.3 to x86 solaris 2.4

12. Solaris PPP/Slip for Solaris 2.4 for the x86

13. Solaris x86 and UnixWare (was: Re: Solaris 2.4 -- feature list)