NIS+ under NIS(YP) Rootmaster or just Master

NIS+ under NIS(YP) Rootmaster or just Master

Post by Guy Jon » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

If I set up a subdomain using NIS+ under a NIS(YP) domain is the NIS+
server a rootmaster server (because there are no NIS+ domains above it)
or is it simply a master server ?

eg. boss.bar.com is a NIS+ server serving the subdomain foo.bar.com
bigboss.bar.com is the NIS(YP) server for the domain bar.com.

This is not an academic question, I really gotta do this.  Do I use
nisserver -M or Nisserver -R to set up my master?  I'm not in a position
to use trial & error.  I can find nothing in TFM or TF AnswerBook.

1. Would NIS+ master work with NIS+ & NIS Slave?????????

If anyone have try this combination please let me know if it work..

Here is my Question.  Again would it work if I have this combination:

One machine is NIS+ master server and the other is run NIS+ & NIS compatible mode as a slave for
NIS+ master server domain.

Any sugguestion will be appreciate

Thanks in advance

Yoom Nguyen

906-487-2355

2. Gave up on 3c905-tx, using 3c503, but still have a problem

3. YP / NIS Master Server Software ??

4. pppd: Illegal Instruction

5. NIS (YP) Master name change...

6. Caching VLB controller - normal performance?

7. rebooting an NIS (YP) master

8. Sol. 7 failed install on Classic

9. Reasonable nis security between Solaris & Linux (was Re: Is nis (yp) a security worry?

10. NIS, NIS+, named, yp, ...

11. Nis+ and NIS (YP) compatibility

12. NIS yp compat mode, participating in NIS+ hierarchy, limitations?

13. turning non-NIS to NIS master - how?