Importing Networker 5.5 tapes into Solstice Backup 6.1

Importing Networker 5.5 tapes into Solstice Backup 6.1

Post by Sea » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:48:34

Hi,

  I have been given a Legato Networker 5.5.2 backup spread across 2
DLT-4 tapes and am trying to import this set into Solstice Backup
6.1.3.

  Running "scanner -i /dev/rmt/0cbn" reports no errors and its output
seems to indicate that the save sets were successfully imported.  If I
now run nwadmin I can see the save sets under "recover save sets" and
under "volumes" but the nwrecover utility does allow me to browse
contents even though their status is described as "browsable" under
the "volumes" screen.

  I have followed the information in the Administrators Guide under
the section for scanner but this does not appear to have worked.  I
have made sure my copy of Solstice Backup has been patched up to date
and have found no solutions from the Sun website or from previous
posts to this newsgroup.

  Could someone please offer advice?

  Regards,

--
Sean

Importing Networker 5.5 tapes into Solstice Backup 6.1

Post by Mats A. Berge » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 02:56:46

Quote:> Hi,

>   I have been given a Legato Networker 5.5.2 backup spread across 2
> DLT-4 tapes and am trying to import this set into Solstice Backup
> 6.1.3.

>   Running "scanner -i /dev/rmt/0cbn" reports no errors and its output
> seems to indicate that the save sets were successfully imported.  If I
> now run nwadmin I can see the save sets under "recover save sets" and
> under "volumes" but the nwrecover utility does allow me to browse
> contents even though their status is described as "browsable" under
> the "volumes" screen.

>   I have followed the information in the Administrators Guide under
> the section for scanner but this does not appear to have worked.  I
> have made sure my copy of Solstice Backup has been patched up to date
> and have found no solutions from the Sun website or from previous
> posts to this newsgroup.

Have you tried restoring the whole save-set ?
Which client-name "owns" the backup ? Have you tried "directed restore" ?

Regards,
Mats Berger

Post by Sea » Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:06:01

> Have you tried restoring the whole save-set ?

  When I tried the "recover saved set" option I was told that the
correct media couldn't be found even though it was in the media index
and mounted in the DLT.

Quote:> Which client-name "owns" the backup ?

  The existing server is called earth and backs up to its own DLT
drive.  The new(er) server where I am trying to restore data to is
called venus.

Quote:> Have you tried "directed restore" ?

  I'm just trying to browse the backups at the moment.  Once I can see
what's on the tapes I can then try to restore the data.

Sean

1. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

Hi,

we have the following installation:

Backup Server with

Solaris 2.5.1
Solstice Backup  Server 5.1

Backup client with

Solaris 2.6
Solstice backup Client 5.1

DMO (Database modules for Oracle) 2.1 with the last Patches, which
should give the possibility of scheduled backups

Oracle 8.1.5

Our Problem is:

we cant make a tape-backup with allocate ...'sbt_tape'  startet over
rman. backups to disk are running fine.

Starting a backup over nwadmin we get an error, because there is no
given a user.

Has anybody made a tape-backup from rman or nwadmin, without upgrading
to Solstice Backup 5.5?

TIA,

Nele

2. Check swap partition for integrity?

3. Help restoring a Networker 5.5 backup

4. Need help with CD33A CD-ROM

5. Solstice Backup/Legato 5.5 and error msg

6. exec(man) from perl?? man2html cgi gzip/format probelm

7. Solstice Backup/Legato Networker problem : need label stored on tape, not jukebox

8. Shell script help

9. networker 5.5 on PC Client

10. Really basic questions about Solstice Backup 6.1

11. Firewall1 and Solstice Backup (Legato Networker)

12. Networker or Solstice backup 6.0

13. Solstice Backup (NetWorker)