KDE socket binding failure

1. Socket bind failures

I have written a "mini" http server like application (though it is not used
for http at all the concept is roughly the same).  I do not control the
clients and intermittently one dies.  When this occurs I get either a
TIME_WAIT or FINAL_WAIT_2 status on the socket.  This prohibits my server
from working on the port any more.  Eventaully the status is cleared by the
OS, but in the meantime my server is dead and cannot process requests from
other clients.  What am I missing?

If you answer this question via email and your answer works then I will send
you $50.00 (only one winner)!  I promise.  Send response to:

debt and you will have helped your fellow man.

Thanks

2. 3 physical disks - 2 copies

3. using bind() to bind socket to device

4. Help! X problem on toshiba tecra 8100 notebook

5. Bind: socket operation on non-socket

6. sendmail spam table

7. help: close(socket) leaves socket bound ?

8. Login prompt via telnet.

9. Sockets: server close leaves socket bound?

10. bind: socket operation on non-socket

11. Linux IPv6 bind failure with Invalid Argument.

12. inetd and telnetd port bind failure