disk management on solaris

Post by Guru » Thu, 23 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi

I am a newbie to solaris .Trying to configure some disks for database
which is supposed to
run on the sun box. As i am new to solaris i am not comfortable with the
disksuite /format
and other commands used for disk management. Can anyone point me in the
right direction
to go about the concepts of how disksuite works etc.

Thanks
Prasad

disk management on solaris

Post by Doug Hughe » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Hi

> I am a newbie to solaris .Trying to configure some disks for database
> which is supposed to
> run on the sun box. As i am new to solaris i am not comfortable with the
> disksuite /format
> and other commands used for disk management. Can anyone point me in the
> right direction
> to go about the concepts of how disksuite works etc.

DiskSuite 4.0 has an anwerbook documentation collection that you can load
on your answerbook server.
DiskSuite 4.0 and 4.1 both have PS files that you can view or printer.
They are available in the documentation directory. They aren't too bad
either.

Doug Hughes                                     Engineering Network Services
System/Net Admin                                Auburn University

1. Solaris x86 and disk management

I am testing Solaris x86 on a Pentium 90 machine. Before, I was using Linux.
I have 2 disks:
- an IDE with Linux on it
- an SCSI with Solaris on it
My questions:
How can I reconfigure my system so that:
- I can include a partition of the IDE disk in the solaris "view".

Is it possible to make a boot floppy without all the tests?

What is the BIOS ESA extension?

My SCSI drive is connected to a PCI card. How can I change the card from a slot
to another without reinstalling the system?

2. Job Opportunity

3. solstice disk suite is the SOLARIS MANAGEMENT CONSOLE?

4. ANNOUNCE: DosLinux

5. Solaris 8 Intel Disk Management problem

6. "r" history command for bash?

7. Solaris 10, built new disk, now cannot boot off solaris 8 disk???

8. IP Masquerading Question

9. Solaris 9: Solaris Management Console hangs while loading Enhanced Storage Tool

10. Cannot login to Solaris Management Console on Solaris 9

11. Solaris Management Console 2.1 on Solaris 9/SPARC

12. Power Management: exiting minicom disables power management?

13. unix, linix memory management v/s windows95 memory management