Sun Cluster Question

Post by tbar.. » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:19:00

Hello, I am a newbie in cluster technology. I would like to have two
machines in my cluster working in active-active configuration servicing
some network application. A client will connect via TSP/IP connection
to the cluster and will be serviced by one of nodes. Let's assume
that the client is serviced by a node A. At some point in time the node
A crashes. In that case node B will take over
the whole work load. I wonder if in such case it is possible to make
failover of the client's TSP/IP connection so it won't be broken
and transparently for the client it will be switched form node
A to node B. I aware that such approach requires special capabilities
from the application.
I guess there must be exchanged information about opened sockets
between both nodes in the cluster.
Thank you in advance
Tom

Sun Cluster Question

Post by Raf LaPiet » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 01:23:11

I think that the SharedAddress resource type can handle failing over the
connection for you. The rest would be up to the application to handle.

-Raf

>Hello, I am a newbie in cluster technology. I would like to have two
>machines in my cluster working in active-active configuration servicing
>some network application. A client will connect via TSP/IP connection
>to the cluster and will be serviced by one of nodes. Let's assume
>that the client is serviced by a node A. At some point in time the node
>A crashes. In that case node B will take over
>the whole work load. I wonder if in such case it is possible to make
>failover of the client's TSP/IP connection so it won't be broken
>and transparently for the client it will be switched form node
>A to node B. I aware that such approach requires special capabilities
>from the application.
>I guess there must be exchanged information about opened sockets
>between both nodes in the cluster.
>Thank you in advance
>Tom

Sun Cluster Question

Post by tbar.. » Sun, 25 Jun 2006 18:03:37

Thank you Raf,
Could you please recoment good documentation covering that issue where
I could further investigate it.
Thanks
Tom

Raf LaPietra napisal(a):

> I think that the SharedAddress resource type can handle failing over the
> connection for you. The rest would be up to the application to handle.

> -Raf

> >Hello, I am a newbie in cluster technology. I would like to have two
> >machines in my cluster working in active-active configuration servicing
> >some network application. A client will connect via TSP/IP connection
> >to the cluster and will be serviced by one of nodes. Let's assume
> >that the client is serviced by a node A. At some point in time the node
> >A crashes. In that case node B will take over
> >the whole work load. I wonder if in such case it is possible to make
> >failover of the client's TSP/IP connection so it won't be broken
> >and transparently for the client it will be switched form node
> >A to node B. I aware that such approach requires special capabilities
> >from the application.
> >I guess there must be exchanged information about opened sockets
> >between both nodes in the cluster.
> >Thank you in advance
> >Tom

1. SUN cluster question...

Hi!
    This is Nagaraj Hegde from India. We are planning to BUY SUN
Cluster. We are
planning to buy 2 E250 with external storage packs. What we want to know

is
can both the machines access the  files in stored in multipack at the
same time. (Just like
2 systems accessing nfs mounted file systems.)

 Please reply back.

 Thx & regards
 Nagaraj Hegde

2. Fwd: Re: agp driver update for linux

3. Sun Cluster + QFS or Sun Cluster + Veritas

4. I need shrinking.

5. Clustering Sun: Sun cluster or Veritas?

6. Netscape won't run

7. Sun Cluster 3.0 vs Veritas Cluster Server

8. ppp problem: ifconfig SIOSCIFADDR ipdptp0:Bad address

9. New Whitepaper: Sun Cluster 3.0 Cluster File System

10. Veritas Cluster versus SUN Cluster

11. Best Practices "Migrating Veritas VCS Cluster to SUN Cluster"

12. VERITAS cluster server vs. SUN cluster -- Any recommendations ?

13. Veritas clustering vs SUN clustering